Chapter 3

:)

Chapter 3

Once Marie is outside she calls a cab and gives the driver the address. She pulls her cellphone out her purse and notice it had been on silent. She looks through all the messages and notice they were from Henry and her mother. She opens one and it says, “Babe where are you I heard you got sick. I’m waiting at your place.”

She rolls her eyes and listen to the voice mail her mother left because she didn’t understand texting. “Marie I heard you got sick I’m guessing it was the food because what I’m tasting is horrible call me when you get home.”

Then she listens to another one, “Where the hell are you… Henry has been ringing my phone saying you are nowhere to be found. Call me once you get this message young lady.” Marie rolls her eyes and slumps back into the seat. The cab driver then says, “Rough morning.”

Marie smiles and answers, “Yes it has been a rough morning.”

“It will get better.” The elderly man smiles. “Someone will make it better.”

Marie grins and then frowns thinking about what she said to Lexi. She was wrong and the bad part was she didn’t even have Lexi number so she could apologize. I could go by her job tomorrow. Marie thinks to herself and thinks of an excuse to tell Henry.

Once the cab stops she pays the cab driver more than she should and after he says thanks she walks into the building. Once she steps inside her home Henry comes rushing to her hugging her tightly whispering, “I was so worried.”

“Why?” Marie asks.

“You didn’t call me to tell me where you were?” Henry replies.

“I got sick.” Marie answers walking to her room she needed a shower she smelled like alcohol.

Henry looks at Marie and asks, “Who clothes are you in and why you smell like alcohol.”

Marie rolls her eyes at the questions and answers, “After I left one of my friends from college invited me to one of her parties. I drink a little and since it was so late I stayed over.”

“You didn’t call me because?” Henry pushes.

“Because my phone went dead.” Marie defends she was surprise how these lies was coming out so smoothly. What have you done to me Lexi?

“Who’s Lexi?” Henry questions. “Did you hang out with the girl from last night?”

Shit I should really stop talking aloud. Marie thinks to herself.

“No not that Lexi my friend Lexi, look Henry I need to shower we can talk later.” Marie says walking off until she feels a hand on her shoulder.

“No Marie, I want to talk now.” Henry says sternly. “You come in here with different clothes on and smell of alcohol. You never do this.” he pauses then asks, “Are you cheating on me.”