Chapter 28

Enjoy :)

Chapter 28

Three years later

Lexi was sitting in her condo on the couch with a blanket and pillow. Marie was angry and has kicked her out yet again. Lexi sits there and huffs running her hand through her blonde but short hair. Yes she cut it two months ago.

After Lexi was shot things was not as easy as her and Marie thought it was going to be. Marie didn’t want to waste time coming out to the public and when the media found out there was a lot of gossip about why Henry shot Lexi. Lexi and Marie had no privacy at all and Lexi had suggested leaving and going to Italy for a few months but Marie didn’t want to run away. So the blonde respected her wishes.

Two months after the shooting Lexi and Marie was living happily together. Lexi family accepted Marie with open arms and surprise Marie parents had no problem with Lexi. But when Marie brother and sisters found out it was a different story. Her older sister had problems accepting Marie being a lesbian and that brought on a lot of arguments at family dinners. Lexi could still remember the words.

“I can’t believe you turned gay.” Her sister hollers across the dinner table. “Don’t even think about coming around my children. I can’t believe mom and dad let you turn into this nasty person.”

Marie stands furiously and yells, “How about you get the fuck out my house. I don’t need your fucking opinion on my relationship with Lexi and you will not sit here and disrespect me nor my girlfriend in my home.”

The table becomes silent and Marie sister grabs her things and leave.

“She was a bitch.” Lexi mumbles to herself.

When Henry had killed himself Marie was still having nightmares and dealing with her sister not accepting her. Also Henry parents wanted to sue Marie for stress and said it was her fault Henry had committed suicide. It was at the funeral Marie attended because she wanted to pay her respect.

“I can’t believe you came here.” Henry mom hisses. “You are the reason he is in the ground NOW! I don’t want you here and I’m pretty sure my son wouldn’t want you here. You KILLED him Marie. So leave.”

“I’m sorry…” Marie starts but Henry mom interrupts her by shoving papers in her face hollering, “I’m suing and I will get what I want.”

Lexi steps up and pushes Henry mom back and says, “Keep your damn hands off of her.”

Marie pulls the blonde back and whispers with tears in her eyes, “It’s okay lets go. I’m sorry Ms. I just wanted to pay my respect.”

That night and for months Lexi had to remind Marie that it wasn’t her fault Henry took his life away. And of course Henry parents lost the case but it was a lot of stress on Marie and Lexi. Finally the first year was over and everyone was okay with Lexi and Marie being together. Even her crazy sister apologized and the media was off their backs with lies and gossip. It was a rough first year but they we’re still together strong. It was everything they both wanted.

Then a couple months later in their relationship Lexi ex-girlfriend Amanda returned. Lexi remembers the sad look on Marie face when Amanda hugged Lexi in a local restaurant.

“Is that you Lexi.” a soft voice asks.

The blonde looks up confuse and then her heart drops when she notice who the voice belong to. “It is you.” She says. Amanda launches towards Lexi and the blonde return the hug. She doesn’t understand what she is feeling. Marie finally walks back from the restroom to see some other woman sitting in her seat. When she walks up she sees Lexi eyes goes big and the blonde stands abruptly and curses herself under her breath. ‘Damn how did I forget about Marie?’