Chapter 19

Enjoy :)

Chapter 19

Present

It’s been two days since the accident and Marie was sitting in her condo staring out the window. Everything was so confusing she didn’t understand anything. Henry walks in and kisses her on the forehead saying, “You’re awake I made you breakfast.”

Marie smiles and then walks in the kitchen with Henry. Studying Henry these pass two days was awful. She didn’t understand anything at all. Maybe because she felt like something was missing or someone. This thought makes her think about the blonde that was in her room first the day of the accident. She bites her lip and asks, “Who was the blonde at the hospital two days ago.”

“That was Lexi Mills she’s a rival and it was so disrespectful of her being there trying to get information on the company when you just got out an accident.” Henry explains.

“She didn’t talk about the company.” Marie explains. “She was nice, friendly, and sweet. I don’t understand why you guys would think she’s this evil person.”

“You just need time to remember.” Henry says then stands. “I got to go to work but your mother will be here shortly.” He walks over and kisses Marie on the forehead and then smiles.

“I’m not dying Henry.” Marie says. “I may not remember things but I can take care of myself I don’t need a babysitter.”

“I know honey.” Henry smiles. “It’s just I love you so much and I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Marie nods her head and then Henry leaves living the brunette in her thoughts. She begins to think about Lexi again. If she was a stranger or rival why was she at the hospital first and how she knew so much about her. Marie bites her lip getting up heading for her room to put clothes on. She grabs her keys about to walk out the door until she ran into her mother.

“Where you think you’re going young lady.” Her mother asks.

“Out.”

“No you’re not.” Susan says.

Marie rolls her eyes she was tired of being treated like a baby by her mother and Henry. “Ugh don’t you know I can take care of myself. If I want to go out it’s my right to leave.” Marie says.

“Fine we can go somewhere.” Susan agrees. “Where you want to go.”

“I want to talk to Lexi Mills.” Marie says.

Susan almost chokes on her own spit, “Why would you want to visit that slut.”

“Mom don’t call her that.” Marie says. “And because its seems like I’m missing something okay. I feel as if I’m not getting the whole truth. In the hospital two days ago she was the only one who was telling me the whole truth.”

“I have told you everything important you need to know.” Susan argues.

“Okay then why when I came home.” Marie argues. “None of Henry things we’re here. And why at the hospital I didn’t have a clue where his ring was. If I was so in love I wouldn’t dare lose the ring.”

“Maybe you misplaced it.” Susan argues.

Marie rolls her eyes, “I’m not dumb mom. I just can’t remember things now move I’m leaving.”