Chapter 22

Hope you Enjoy thanks for the comments. I really love them. :)

Chapter 22

It’s been two weeks since the last time Lexi spoken or seen Marie and she was pissed off but more broken hearted. She sat in her condo and smiled at her father and his soon to be wife. She was happy for them but she still couldn’t help her sadness. She wanted to cry and Lexi never cried but she has notice recently that she has only cried over three people and those three people was her mother, when Amanda broke her heart, and of course Marie. She in takes a breath and tries to put on the best smile when her father walk towards her.

“Hello darling how are you?” Charles asks with concern. He was so used to seeing his daughter happy and cheerful that seeing her down broke his heart. He knew she was trying her best to hide it but he could see right through Lexi and his little girl was broken-hearted.

“I’m doing good don’t worry about me worry about your fiancé.” Lexi says trying to put on her best smile. She knew her dad knew something was up but she just didn’t want to talk about it. Because she would cry and she would feel weak. Something she truly hated feeling.

“You know we can talk.” Charles suggests. “Angie and Sophia are making dinner.”

“Dad honestly I don’t want to talk.” Lexi says standing.

“Okay just know I’m here.” Charles reminds. “Always.”

Lexi grins and gets up walking to into the kitchen saying, “So what are you ladies cooking.”

Sophia smiles and answers, “It’s a secret.”

Lexi smirks, “As long as you don’t kill me I’m fine with whatever. Call me when dinner is done I will be in the shower.”

Sophia and Angie nod their heads and watch her walk away. Sophia then turns around and asks, “I don’t mean to pry but is it something going on with her?”

Angie continues to season the chicken and then explains, “Lexi is just hurt. She need time to deal with her feelings because she is not used to having them.”

“I see.” Sophia comments. “Did someone break her heart?”

“Not exactly.” Angie answers. “Someone just can’t remember and in a week that someone will be married.”

“Married?” Sophia says.

“Yes, it’s a long story and I’m afraid to tell Lexi.”

“I believe you should tell her tonight.” Sophia comments.

Angie nods her head and smiles but in the inside she knows her granddaughter is going to break down.

Meanwhile Marie was sitting on her couch watching TV with Henry. She felt bad for lying to Lexi saying they would hang out again in a week when it has been two weeks now. She stares at her finger again and notice the new ring. She bites her lip thinking that she and Henry wedding will be in just a week.  She was still having problem remembering and she hated what Dr. Nixon told her five days ago.

Marie bites her lip with her eyes close trying to remember anything about her and Lexi. She opens her eyes five minutes later and looks at Dr. Nixon and shakes her head saying, “I still don’t see anything.”

Dr. Nixon writes some notes down then explains, “I’m sorry Marie but maybe Lexi was lying. You should be able to see something by now. Her face, her eyes, her hand, some type of memory.”