Chapter 2

Hello Again

:)

Chapter 2

Three months ago

Lexi was sitting on the plane with her eyes closed in frustration. She could not believe she was returning to New York, the place she utterly hated with a dying passion. If it wasn’t for her father heart attack she wouldn’t come this way.

Her father owns a nine billion dollar wood company and he was a very intelligent, wealthy, and famous man. However, she was the rebellious child and a disgrace. But her father was a humble man and never once turned his back on her even after she came out on television about her sexuality.

The media had a thrill with that. Headlines Charles Mills daughter is gay. She didn’t see what the big deal was. Yeah she did party all the time, messed around with girls, drink until she could barely walk but what did they expect? She was a teenager in high school. They made it seem like she was the only one who did the things she did.

Lexi opens her eyes and run her hands through her blonde hair, she was so over this. 

She was now twenty-two and a better person. Once she graduated high school she left New York. Of course she hated leaving her father but her dream was to become a photographer and travel the world. Her experience taught her much about life.

Once the plane stops she grabs her bags and walks into the airport waiting for her grandmother Angie. She leans on a wall and someone voice catches her attention.

 “Hey you’re Lexi Mills right?” the voice asks.

 Lexi looks up at the red head clearly annoyed and answers with a fake smile, “Yes, why you ask?” Lexi didn’t have time for people judging her or asking her stupid questions about her flings or why she left New York.

 “I just wanted to say I’m a huge fan.” The red head starts. “When you came out on television it made me come out to my parents. Now I have a great relationship and my parents are very accepting. So I just wanted to say thank you.”

Lexi smiles. No one had ever said anything like this to her before. “You’re welcome.”

 The red head smiles and then walk away. “Lexi!” then it was her grandmother.

 “Grandma.” She answers with a bored tone.

“Oh you can do better than that honey.” Her grandmother states smacking her on the arm. “Who was the girl? We don’t have time for flings.”

 “She was just a fan grandma. Can you not jump down my throat so early gosh?” Lexi says.

“Sure, anyways the driver is waiting let’s go.” Angie states walking away.

Ugh this going to be a long day. Lexi thinks to herself.

 <><>

 “Will you marry me?”

This was the question everyone had been waiting on except her of course. She swallows a lump in her throat and look down at the man she’s been dating for almost three years. He was sweet, handsome, smart, wealthy, come from a great family. Everything her mother wanted but not her. She looks around and see all her friends and family waiting on her answer. She lets out a breath and answers with a wide grin, “Yes.”