Chapter THIRTY TWO - Another Way Out

Chapter THIRTY TWO

_____

Aliyah P.O.V

"Dang ma, that hurts." I whined as she was drawing the black eye liner on the rims of my eyelids. She was putting way too much pressure on it for my liking and it hurted like hell. She didn't care though, she kept it going at what she was doing. She had wrinkles in her forehead, that's how you knew she was focused.

"Liyah I'm almost done, now stay still." she urged me and went on to start her painful technique on my right eye. I guess it would be worth it once she was done. I sure do hope so !

Today was the day of the prom and honestly, I wasn't even excited about it at all. Of course Paris & I had went out earlier and got our nails, toes, and hair done, but I still wasn't looking forward to tonight. Prom was supposed to be something a senior girl was excited about and looked forward to, but instead I wasn't because I wasn't going with the guy that I wanted to go with. It sucked, but I wasn't going to miss my only prom, even though he's missing his prom because he was defending me. I felt bad for it at first and decided not to go, but he told me to go so I figured, why not?

"There I'm done you big cry baby." she huffed and plopped down onto my bed and started to rub her belly. I looked into the mirror at myself and my face was beat. My eyeliner was applied neatly, my teal eyeshadow looked great, and cheeks were sparkly with some kind of glittery foundation she had used. I looked hella good. I didn't look like a clown either, it wasn't too much make up on my face. My mother use to be a make-up artist and she was very well known around the here, but she had quit a year ago because of some unknown reason.

"Thanks mother dear." I said and got up from my seat before checking the clock. It was only 6:45 and Cameron would be here by seven to pick me up. The prom started at seven, but it was better to be late than on time in this situation. Most people showed up late so that they could be seen in there dresses, and driving up in their rental cars or stretch limos. I don't even know what we were going in tonight, and I didn't really care.

I slipped off the pink robe that I wore and started to slip into my dress. I had already showered and lotioned myself up in a glittery lotion so that my skin would sparkle. I wiggled my way into the dress until it was all the way up and over my thighs and stomach, then I pulled the rest of it up with ease. Damn, it fit tighter than it did when I first bought it. I've got to stop eating so much, or I'll be an oompa loompa before the month is out. I've gained atleast 10 pounds and I'm determined to lose every last on of those little fuckers.

My mother got up and zipped the dress up in the back for me. She helped me put the flare out extension part onto my waist and she fixed it so that it didn't look tacky and out of place. I slipped into my silver louboutin pumps and it added a couple of extra inches to my midget height. The shoes could only be seen a little bit at the bottom because of the length of the dress. I still wore them though because, it was prom night and I couldn't go out half stepping.

"Baby you look beautiful, you're growing up so fast" my mother said as she stood behind me and snapped the silver diamond necklace around my neck. I looked in the mirror and I could see the tears forming in her eyes and I knew they were bound to fall at any second now. I turned around quickly and pulled her into a hug. I kind of figured she'd be emotional about this, hell I'm surprised I'm keeping it together myself.