Chapter TWENTY EIGHT - A Little too Late

_____

Aliyah P.O.V

Going to school on this Monday morning was something I dreaded, but then again I couldn't wait to find out the truth. Something in my body doesn't feel right about this, and as much as I try to convince myself that Andre's innocent, I know he isn't. When have you ever know Andre to be innocent ? My point exactly, He's always guilty of something whether you know it or not.

On top of all of this drama going on in my crazy roller coaster for a life, I have my Math final today. Bummer, right ? Well, I spent all weekend studying, but mainly avoiding Andre. Okay, yeah maybe I was hiding from the truth, but could you blame me ? I'm scared to find out, but then I want to be proven wrong so badly. Hopefully I will be by the end of the day. I had put off seeing him in person until I absolutely had to, which was here.

I walked into the school with my head held high. My hair was wanded into thick long spiral curls, with sunglasses covering my puffy eyes. I wore a pair of burnt yellow boyfriend jeans, a white off the shoulder shirt, gold jewelry, and a pair of brown sandals with gold buckles. I had to look good today, because this Monday determined a lot in my future. It determined whether I could actually trust my boyfriend and also whether I have a good grade for Math.

As of today I was done crying over things I couldn't change.  I was done crying when people obviously didn't care about my feelings.I'm not accusing Andre of anything, but the fact that his dad destroyed my parent's wedding was a low blow. Why his dad hated me all of a sudden was still a mystery to me, but today the truth would come out. My goal for today was to get the truth from everyone whether it was good or bad.

I ignored the stares from everyone and went to my locker. I placed all of my unneeded things inside and grabbed my History notebook. I walked into the already full classroom, bypassing my seat. I took a chair further in the back for today. Yeah, I'm a coward, I'm stubborn, blah blah blah. I ignored the crazy looks Paris, Trent, and Andre gave me. I opened my notebook and began jotting down the notes from the board. These would definetly be on our exam on Wensday.

"Aliyah" I heard Paris call to me, but I ignored it all. I know I didn't have a reason to ignore my bestfriend, well I actually didn't have a reason to ignore any of them, YET ! Paris was my girl and I'd just explain it all to her later, she would understand. For right now I just wanted to avoid Andre, and if that mean't avoiding Paris and Trent too then so be it. I'm not ready to hear from him yet, but by lunch I would be.

_____

After all of my morning classes were over it was time for lunch. While everyone headed straight for the cafeteria, I went ahead and stuffed all of my books and notepads back into my locker. My spanish class was next and after that was Math, so I didn't need anything other than myself, a pencil, and a couple pieces of paper.

I went inside the crowded, smelly, and cold cafeteria. I went straight for the snack line and bought a Minute Maid lemonade and a bag of hot Cheetos. I wasn't really in the mood for food, but I had to have something on my stomach before I could take any medicine. My head was starting to hurt and I already knew why. I simply shrugged it off and headed for the doors that led outside to where the picnic tables were set up. I placed my stuff down and took a seat. It was peaceful out here because I was the only one. Everyone else preferred to be inside where the air was on full blast, I just wanted some peace and quiet until I got myself together to confront Andre about this whole situation. I only needed five minutes to get myself together first.