Chapter TWENTY TWO - I Wish | Only If

Chapter TWENTY TWO

_____

Aliyah P.O.V

Have you ever felt like half of your heart was missing ? That's exactly how I was feeling right about now. Coming back off of the trip and finding out some of the worst news ever was more than heartbreaking for me. I was still in shock and two days had passed by. I've missed school, sitting here waiting on things to change, but it never did. I was still waiting on someone to yell April fools, even though it was April 17th. Nothing changer, including the fact that I've been in this same chair for the past couple of days.

My heart was in a hospital room lying unconscious from a really bad car accident. Although Andre was drunk, he wasn't the cause of the accident. A ford truck rammed into the driver's side of Andre's car. The man supposedly was having a heated argument with his wife, and wasn't paying attention to the road. The doctors found alcohol in his Dre's system as well. He was in a coma, & he was banged up pretty badly. His shoulder bone was broken, and one of his ribs were cracked, other than that physically he was fine. I have no clue how long he'll be in this coma, but I pray he wakes up soon. 

Fresh tears sprung to my eyes just by looking at him. I was glad to be the only one here so that I could just release everything I had in me. His mother didn't want to see him like this, so she told them to notify her when he awakes. As for his dad, I haven't seen much of him either. Trent was fucked up badly as well. He was in the same position Andre was in just a couple of weeks ago. This was nothing easy to go through, and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Andre looked past dead right now. His smooth light skin was pale, and he had cuts on the left side of his face and down his neck from the driver's window shattering on him from the impact of the truck. There were many different machine's hooked up to him, and he wore a sling on his left shoulder. He didn't even look the same.

I wiped the tears away and just stared at his lifeless body that laid there. I sat far away from him in the corner of the hospital room. I hadn't been near him at all since it happened. I was scared to go any closer, so I kept my distance away. I wanted so bad to tell him how much I loved him, and how much he should stop playing around and wake up for me.

Can you hear when you're in a coma ? I didn't know, but hell I was tired of holding this in so talking to him was worth a try. I slowly got up from my seat and walked over to him. He looked the same as he did yesterday, and the day before that. His hair was growing a little longer than usual, and stuble was coming onto his face. The tears raced down my cheeks.

I grabbed a hold of his hand and brought it up to my lips, pecking his knuckles. There were permanent marks from when he fought Quan for hitting me. I smiled at how overprotective he was. All of the good memories started flowing through my head. It brought a smile to my face.

When we first met

Working on our project

Our first date

Losing my virginity

All of those times played over and over in my head and the tears started to pour even more at the thought of those first memories of our relationship being our last. That didn't settle well with me. It made my heart ache just by thinking it, so I stopped. I cleared my mind and focused on the words that left my mouth. Hopefully he can hear me loud and clear.