Chapter 15.

PAST

PAST

(Alexander's Point of view)

           THE SLUT THAT was sucking my dick earlier refuses to give up. She keeps coming at me and finally succeeds in breaking my phone when she grabs for it to get my attention. Dom removes her quickly from my sight before I do something I might regret.

As soon as Tanner comes back, I intend to go home. I have to fight my urges to tell him to take me to Tyrin's house. I know he needs some space right now.

He's upset, that's all. I tell myself to ease the uncomfortable feeling in my chest. I don't know whether it's apprehension or irritation. He will be better tomorrow.

Tomorrow I can talk to him and get him to come back. He knows I don't lie. He knows I won't cheat on him. I don't know why he is being so difficult for me to deal with, he drives me insane— not that he hasn't done that since the first day I saw him: that shy, young boy with an old laptop and black and red hoodie, tight jeans and converse. I don't even remember why I went into the Robert Guzmán's mother's diner that day.

Luke was having a craving of some sort. Dad had us running constantly for him that week. After finishing a long night we planned to go somewhere out of Dad's sight so we could discuss our plans to take over Harrison's business.

I was barely in my  twenties and already thinking I was too good to be working for someone else.

What I do remember is being deep into conversation and arguing about some small, irrelevant detail and looked away long enough to spot him walk in and say hi to his friend—a waitress of the diner. It was his hair that caught my eyes. Almost silvery but when light shone on them the hue turned light golden. Nothing about the exchange was out of the ordinary, except his reaction to when his friend handed him a small package. He instantly beamed when he pulled out a book. I had thought it must be some special edition comics or the latest craze for young boys, something to make him so excited.

He sat down at the table next to us and I tried to read the cover of the book to see what he was so interested in. It was nothing special, barely had a binding, was too old and beat up. It was little strange but that didn't pique my interest as much as his behaviour did. He never even looked up and I impatiently waited for him to.

Ego I guess but he never bothered to look at me. I slightly narrowed my eyes and tired to mentally reach out. Coax him, lure him to look at me. He didn't respond to that either. It felt like I was touching thin air. I felt no mental resistance. I felt his excitement, his concentration but I couldn't grasp him, touch him. I was shocked. It had never happened before. My summons always works. I sat there dumbfounded for some moment staring at the creature.

Who the hell was he?

Or better yet what was he?

I was sure that golden-haired boy had some kind of talent that he could deflect me. Was he a void like me? Jesus Christ. There was an unmarked, unclaimed talent and my father didn't know. It could only mean trouble, for the kid and me as well, for I had no intention of informing Addison of my discovery.