Chapter 21

I wish that 2019 gives all my readers wonderful moments to cherish and to store in your heart to create wonderful memories that you would like to look back upon every now and then.   

Happy New Year!😘

————————————————————

Song of the chapter : Each Coming Night by Iron & Wine

(Paris' point of view)

It all hurts too much. Don't make someone burn, and then try to douse the flames with the things you should have done. Those regrets are gasoline not water. I have to make him stop. This is madness.

                    -------- Alex.

We take a little wander around the west wing. I've been here a million times, but I'm still completely stunned by the pure extravagance of the place. But so far I haven't seen a single painting or picture of Lachlan Greyson, I realise Tyrin admires the intricate trim work on the walls with what appear to be sculpture of roses and petals in high-relief. "I had no idea you were related to fucking Charlemagne." She exclaims stroking the roses.

"Not Mrs. Maisel." I nod to one of the Marissa who passes us.

"Why not she is amazing, marvelous." Tyrin sings.

"How old are you?" I ask on an eye roll.

She screws her face up, grins and swings around in a circle, prompting me to duck out of the way of her wafting bag. "Jesus Christ, what is this, a landing strip? Where is your airplane, in the bathroom? I had no idea you were such an important person. If I had realized that the queen of England had stood me up, I would have understood. But I just thought you were some drunk housewife who needed my help."

"Seriously Ty." I groan although I'm trying really hard not to laugh.

She stops, her face serious like I've seriously offended her and she rests her hands on her hips. "Yes, seriously, there's no fucking way you can compete with these tits!" Her hands go to her jacket before she flings them apart as if she just tore her clothes to flash me.

We stare at each other for a moment. A second or two. My cheeks fucking hurting as I bite them to stop from laughing. Then we both start tittering. She grabs me for support, falling all over the place, taking me with her. We're crying, shaking with hysterics. Marissa 10 or 2, I'm not sure of her allotted number, she hurries down the corridor, carrying a laundry hamper full of white sheets, giving us a wide berth and perplexed look.

My abdominal muscles are aching as we pull ourselves together when my cell phone ring and I'm still trying to catch my breath. I dawn my phone out and see Lily calling. On a tiny smile I receive the call and nod—a let's get going—at Tyrin.

"Hey." I say. Snuggling her hand into the crook of my arm, Tyrin starts to walk me down the passage.

"Hey, listen," The car honks almost drowns her voice. "I don't think we will be able to make it today. It's snowing like hell." She says eliciting a pang of worry for Alex. "Just by waiting for the bus I'm suffering from hypothermia."

"Oh shit. Is it that bad?" I glance at Tyrin worriedly.

"Jai has ditched his jeep. We are taking public transport will that do?" She says and I believe her. "Anyway, I'm going to his place, will lock his psycho mom in a room and have sex, booze. That's all I care for right now."

Even though Jai's mom's a bit queer and nosey type I know Lily won't be locking her in any room. I force a chuckle. "Yeah no problem. I've to call Alex. Even he has gone out—" I take a quick look at my wristwatch "—He was supposed to be home by now."