Chapter 11.

(Paris Point of View)

One year seven months ago.

"Paris...Paaaaris." Alex's sleepy rasp interrupts my dream. Barely able to open my eyes, I turn to find him propped up on his elbow before curling into his chest.

Alex shakes against me as he laughs lightly and kisses the side of my head, "I need to ask you something."

"I am so tired, Alex." I whine pressing my face into his chest and feel it rise as he sighs.

His fingers begings to play with my longish blond hair as he asks, "You've been working a lot lately, huh?" I nod into him with my eyes closed and feel him laugh again."You want some time off?" he suggests. I sigh again barely interested in what he is saying to me. "How about going away with me?" The words jumble around in my head, fighting with my sleep for some attention before they straighten out and make sense to me. Rolling onto my back, I squint at the morning light breaching through the draped curtains, water accumulates in my eyes as I focus on Alex. He says, "I was planning on taking a little trip to get away for a while and I was wondering if you would like to come with me?"

"Okay." I croak without thinking and my mouth's too dry from last night alcohol consumption.

He lips turn up in that sexy and annoying smirk. "Don't you want to know where?"

I shake my head. "I don't care. Anywhere. " I reach up pinching his full bottom lips and watch the sides of his eyes crinkling because he is smiling and shifts his hand to clutch mine at his mouth. "Somewhere other than here is better than anywhere I have been."

"Well then, Princess ..." He flattens my palm and kisses the centre. "Make sure everything is in order and get your passport rushed so we can go soon ..."

"Pass..." I blink susprised, my brows drawing in. "My passport?"

"Yes passport."

"We're going abroad? I sit up and he separates my finger wrapping his lips around my middle finger. "Alex?"

"Hmm." He hums around my finger sucking it in and enjoying my surprise. Biting on my bottom lip I try to stifle my grin as I push my finger inside his hot wet mouth and the moan it earns from him curls my toes.

******

We arrive in style, at the airport in Alex's private jet although I have no idea where I am. Alex has a helicopter waiting for us there to fly somewhere else. We land on an island where we take a car driving to our secret destination. The road beneath the tyres becomes bumpy after some time and the car starts jolting all over the place. I look to the road ahead and the first thing that strikes me is the appalling condition of it. There's rubble all over the rut riddled surface, leaving Alex negotiating the car with care. I've never known him to drive with such caution, but it's blatantly obvious that any faster, then he's likely to take out the bottom of the car.

"Where are we?" I ask, searching around for any sign of something appealing. There is nothing, only derelict land, this hideous, dusty, shambles of a road and a few houses.

No, not houses, shacks would be more apt.

There can't be any people living in them.

"This is paradise, Princess." Alex says, deadly serious. I almost laugh, but worry is preventing it. I've seen paradise, in pictures mainly, and this couldn't be any further removed.

I'm about to demand that he turn around, but then a colossal set of wooden, planked gates come into view and my attention is captured by the high, whitewashed wall stemming from each side and stretching out into the distance. And then I see it.