Chapter 20 (c)

They say the best Christmas gifts come from the heart... but the notification that tells you a new chapter of The Husband is waiting to be devoured does wonders too! Happy Holidays!

(Nine months ago)

(Paris' Point of View)

"Paris Lionel Grayson!" His voice, though drenched in exasperation soothes me.

"I'm sorry. I—"

"You need to calm down." He mimics my thoughts, but he doesn't sound very calm himself. "And answer my fucking calls."

"I know, I know, I was angry and upset. Something awful happened and I just. . . I just. I don't know my head went tits-up."

Tyrin smiles big and mouths: What's tits-up?

I swallow and smile awkwardly, pointing at her big boobs with my eyes, which earns me a swift swat on my shoulder, but she is smiling and I think blushing too.

"Tell me what happened?" Alex says

"I was. . ." I look forward to focus on my words. "I was in the kitchen with Tanner and Oliver and I got a call—" I'm interrupted briefly by Tyrin as she gesticulates that close to indicates "how" and then cradle holds her arms beneath her breast that says baby as in "Oliver" How is Oliver? My head nods absently as I continue. "—Yes, um, where was I?"

"You got," His voice's tinged with impatience while my fingers scratch my forehead in irritation for losing track. "a call. And you were with Tanner and that child."

"The child has a name Alex, its Oliver."

His breath buzzes. "You got a call then what?"

"Oh! Stop being an asshole. Will you be like this if you have babies with me?"

Alex doesn't reply and I hear muffled car honks in the background.

I shake my head to myself, figuring I'll not get a straight answer to that and burying the corner his lack of answer tries to sprout in my tired, messed up mind as I carry on with the previous conversation. "So I got a call from Jesse. There were shuffling noises and suddenly she moaned your name while having sex with Luke."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." He mutters and starts laughing. It's a gorgeous laugh—low and rough. But I'm not at all turned on. I frown annoyed and open my mouth to tell him such a pillock he is, although chances are he might not understand the meaning, but there is something soothing in cursing someone in British . . .

Tyrin splutters skidding to a stop and a tug on my elbow brings me to a halt as well, in the middle of the corridor. "Are you fucking serious?" she says on a shocked look. "Who is this bitch, mama would like to see and tear her fucking slutty hair out."

I shake my head, dropping my face in my spare hand. "A friend of mine, from college. Jesse."

Her expression becomes complicated as her head tilts slightly and eyes narrow. "Jesse?"

"Are you with someone?" Alex asks little breathless. Asshole why did he laugh? This is funny for him?

"Yeah," I sigh but watch Tyrin as she mouth twists as if she is biting the inside of her lip. "With Tyrin."

"Give her the phone."

"No, tell me why did you laugh?"

He sighs, it's his smiling sigh. "Why do people laugh, Princess?"

"When people are amused." I scowl at Tyrin, for having no one else to show my displeasure. "Jesse moaning your name amuses you?"

Tyrin's eyes bug in bafflement.