Nothing Could Be Better

Justin's POV:

I got home looking around my clean, neat space and smiled as I sat down on the couch comfortably. I knew Katrina wasn't home because her car wasn't there and I sighed heavily thinking of Ariana, part of me wanted her to just push me out of her life and never look at me again and the other part just wanted to hang out with her all the time. Here I was a 24 year old man, dwelling with the idea of having a crush on another girl, feeling like she might be the "one", wasn't I supposed to be over that crap by now? I mean I was a successful man who was engaged to a beautiful, kind, and sweet lady, what more could I want? I really didn't know. I was grasping the hope for something more with a girl I barely knew.

My thoughts were interrupted when the sound of the door rang through my ear. I saw Katrina walk into the living room, she grinned when she saw me and came to sit next to me.

"hey handsome" she said throwing her legs over my lap, I looked up at her and was taken by her beauty, the long blond hair that was tied in a simple braid, her sky blue eyes and long lashes, her skin was pale and her cheeks rosy red, her lips which were coated with pink lipstick. But with all her beauty, Ariana was more beautiful, the way her features were perfect together, the way she smiled and she way she frowned, when her teeth showed and when her eyes twinkled. I could never begin to describe the beauty I saw in her,  was something out of this world to me.

"Justin, you ok" Katrina called out and I snapped my focus to her, the expression she wore was concern.

"I'm fine babe" I said softly rubbing her leg.

"so, I didn't know you and Ariana hit it off so well" she said shocking me.

"what do you mean" I said frowning

"well, I went to see her and she said she showed you her house on pictures on her phone at the party" Katrina said biting her lip. I didn't know why Ariana had said that but I knew I had to go with it.

"yea, its quite nice" I said easily lying.

"mhm" she said running her hand down my arm.

"babe, relax ok" I said stroking her leg.

"Justin, are you sure you haven't seen her other than the party because I trust you I swear but she just seemed like she was talking about her friend, someone she knew" Katrina said giving me big eyes and biting her lip, I sighed inwardly.

"Katrina stop ok, I met Ariana at the party, took jazzy over to her studio and that's it" I raised my voice a little.

"ok ok relax" she said getting off of me.

"wait Katrina, I'm sorry" I said pulling her back.

She looked at me, her blue eyes looking down filling me with guilt.

"I'm sorry baby" I said softly

"its ok, wedding jitters maybe" she said and my heart jumped, wedding, we were gonna get married in 3 Weeks.

"yea, yea" I said getting up.

"wait where are you going?" She said

"sleep" I yelled back walking into the bedroom and closing the door behind me.

"ugh" I shoved my head into my pillow.

"Justin, you ok" Katrina said walking in.

"yes Katrina I'm fine" I said trying to control my temper.

She laid down next to me and grabbed my hand.

"Justin, I know you better than anyone, don't ever try and fool me"

she said

"I wanna sleep" I said turning on my side, I had no idea why I was being so rude to her but somehow I knew if it had been Ariana, I would have been more than happy.

Next Day:

"Hey Ariana" I said walking into her office.

"hey Justin" she said looking up and quickly looking down. She was filling in a paper and I sat down across from her.

"so, you wanna tell me why Katrina was asking about me and you hitting it off because someone told her they'd showed me their house on their phone Ms. Grande" I said crossing my hands in front of my chest.

She looked up at me and smiled apologetically,

"I'm sorry Justin, I let it slip that you said my condo was nice but yours was bigger and she asked where and bla bla" Ariana said waving her hand in the air.

I laughed and grabbed her hand and walked around her desk bending down and putting my head on her shoulder.

"so you obviously got allot of beauty sleep because you look stunning" I said staring at her, a smile spread across her face but she still slapped my cheek lightly and said,

"oh shut up" the blush on her cheek was evident and I smiled poking her softly.

"Grande your blushing" I laughed

"I'm not" she said grabbing both my hands, I laughed again and grabbed her by her waist, she shrieked and I turned her around and we both got serious once we realized how close our faces and especially our lips were. I moved closer and then the door opened and I set her down moving away, we both looked up to see a woman who was staring at us confused.

"mom" Ariana said and my eyes widened.

"sweetie how are you" she said hugging Ariana.

"hello, I'm Justin" I said shaking her hand.

"its nice to meet you, I'm Joan" she said and I smiled politely. Ariana and her mother talked for a while and I walked out checking on Jazzy who I realized would be there.

I saw her dance and I smiled seeing how passionate she was.

"she's gonna be great" Ariana said from behind me putting her hand on my shoulder.

"yea" I said softly turning around.

"everything ok with mommy"

"yep, she's a great woman" she said quietly.

"cmon Justin, I ordered a pizza" she said laughing.

"ok, I'm coming" we walked into her office where there was a pizza and we sat down on the chairs in front of her desk as we started to eat. It didn't matter if what I was doing was wrong, it felt to right for me to even question that, I saw Ariana laughing, her hair bounced as she laughed and nothing, nothing could be better than this.