36 Be My Forever

POV Jack

Today my baby sister is getting married. She is not a child anymore and won’t need her big brother. I hope that Rob will be a good man for her. He has to be.

Elsa and I traveled to Burgess for the wedding, everyone is in a rush this morning, doing last minute preparations and dressing up. This was the first time that I ever wear a tuxedo, Elsa has a way to persuade me until I agree.

The sight from the dressing mirror is odd. Not the fact that my eyes had red circles around them since I have been feeling worse than before but I saw me wearing a black tuxedo and shiny black shoes. The thing that most bugs me is the bow that I am trying to tie. I groaned and tried the tenth time when I heard a whisper to my ear, “Here, let me.” The most beautiful hands in the world came from my behind of my back and tied the bow. I saw Elsa’s reflection from the mirror and she was smiling.

I turn around and Elsa hugs me. “You look handsome Jack,” she whispers to my ear and I kiss her neck. She is just over one month pregnant now, her stomach doesn’t show her pregnancy yet. Emma had again altered their wedding date and now it was held in beginning of October when the fall was at the nicest colors you could possibly imagine. The large oak tree was in its full glory with colors of red, yellow and orange. The old tree was standing outside and keeping a watch over my old house, I had played on its branches as a child.

We headed to the church where the wedding was held. I sat on the bride’s side with Elsa. My parents told to my relatives that I am some long lost cousin with my wife in here. Gladly everyone in the family tree is older folks so they can’t recognize me that easily. I mean, I am supposed to be dead anyway.

For my surprise Elsa stood up after Emma and Rob did their vows. She looked at me smiling and her hand slided away from mine. “I will come back soon,” she whispered and walked to front. I corrected my sitting position and I saw how she went to a microphone. A pianist was standing next to her and Emma turned her attention to Elsa also.

Elsa started to sing and I saw the happiness in Emma’s eyes. I smiled, Elsa must have agreed to sing in their wedding. I shut my eyes and listened how Elsa sang the song “Be My Forever” by Christina Perri. Then I heard Elsa calling my name and the song had paused. I opened my eyes and saw Rob grabbing my arm, “We need a male voice.”

My eyes wided from shock and Rob dragged me in front where Elsa was smiling to me and her body was moving in the phase of the music. “N-no, I can’t,” I whispered to Elsa while gasping. “Sure you can,” she took my hand and gave me lyrics. She started to sing again and I joined her with my cracking voice. Elsa squeezed my hand and I felt better. This is actually kind of fun.

POV Elsa

Jack is singing with me, I can’t help not to smile. He actually just got better in it after I saw the usual spark in his eyes. Now he was having fun and not being terrified. After the song everyone clapped their hands together and Emma was tear eyed.

The reception was held in Jack’s old home. In the yard was a huge party tent where the event was held. I was sitting on the table and I watched how Jack danced with Emma the next song after Emma had danced her wedding dance. I smiled while I watched them going, they were laughing. Either the pregnancy is making me overemotional or the situation is really beautiful, I feel moved. Emma is able to dance with her brother in her wedding. Oh, I am so happy for them.

I wiped a tear from my eyes and Jack glanced at me worried while he danced. I smiled and shook my head to tell him that I am alright, he smiled and nodded. The dance was still ongoing.

Suddenly I felt like someone is watching me. I look over my shoulder and I could swear that someone just went behind the tent on the outside. I stood up and am going to go to check out who it was. However my travel ends short when I feel dizzy and I had to take support from the table.