21 The Dark Cloud

POV Elsa

I am diving inside of my closet. This will be our second date this week, one week after I cancelled my wedding with Naveen. Jack will be here soon. I go to my mirror and look at my reflection while placing the dresses over my body. No, no and no. I sigh and dive inside the closet once again.

Nothing seems to be good enough from all of my dresses. I sat on the floor and lean my head against my hand. Jack is coming, my Jack. “What I am going to wear?” I whine to myself and suddenly I hear a chuckle above me. “How about one of your ice dresses?” I glance up and see Jack smirking happily, floating in the air.

I gasp, “How long have you been here?” He laughs, “Long enough.” He lands in front of me and offers me his hand. I rise up with my own help and tell him to turn around. He shrugs his shoulders and smiles to me, making my heart flicker.

Quickly I imagine an ice dress shaded in purple this time, A-line and without sleeves, exposing my shoulders. It shimmers from the frost after I created it. “Now you can look,” I whisper to him and he turns around . At first he stares at me mouth open and then his eyes narrow from his happy smile that make his eyes shine. “You’re beautiful like always,” he says warmly and my cheeks feel like they would set on fire in a matter of seconds.

“You’re so quiet today,” he pinches my cheek and laughs to me. I slap his hand away and show him my tongue, “Stop messing with my head Frosty.” He opens the door to me and we go to the corridor. In silence we walk to the stairway and downstairs. I nod my head to some of my servants politely as we pass them.

Fast steps hear behind of me, “Elsa!” It is Anna, sounding like her cheerful self. I turn around and see how she goes through Jack and Jack’s hands grab the railing. When people pass through him I see how vulnerable he really is, like being lost. He looks down and seems being hurt, hurt for the fact that only I can see him and some children. “Hi Anna!” I smile to my sister who has crossed the middle way of her pregnancy.

“Would you want to go to a party with me today? Our cousin Punzie will have a baby shower and I wish you would come with me?” She smiles excited. “No Anna, sorry,” is my short response. I just can’t do it. Why people have kids? Their children might be miserable and alone no matter what they do.

Anna rolled her eyes and exhaled, “You’re not fun at all!” My heart just crushed. I am not fun. She left back to her bedroom and I stare after her. “Just kidding Elsa! See you later and don’t miss my baby shower!” She yells happily while walking. I am not fun, I am me. I am me who has nothing good inside. Jack touched my shoulder, “Let’s go.” He nods his head at the end of staircase downstairs. I startle when he touches me.

I walk downstairs and my heart is killing me. I feel insecure again, not certain that I will be good for him. He is the fun, I am the misery. He is opening the doors to me so I can go outside. He laughs and smiles happily. His white teeth are showing as well as his loving eyes. How can I be so selfish?

He floats above me as we walk through the castle garden. “So, what would you like to do Elsa?” He sounds too happy for being with me. He doesn’t realize that being with me will kill his core, his center being fun and joyful, cheering other people. My presence will destroy him, children will lose their fun times.

“Let us walk,” I respond to him coldly. Maybe I can get him to leave me if I act cold and cruel to him. Or maybe it will happen if I ignore him? Oh god, he just landed next to me and is really walking. “Fine, didn’t know that you don’t like me flying to places,” he chuckles.

We reached the forest and as we are walking between the old, tall trees I see how Jack is looking at me many times nervously. I keep my eyes forward and lift my chin, walking with grace. We are not talking, my heart is twisting. Hurting him, that is all I can do.