8 Ground Blizzard

POV Jack

“Hey, Elsa!”  I tried to yell after her, she couldn’t hear me. She lost her believe in me, no.. not in me but to Jack Overland since she didn’t believe in Jack Frost in the first place. The men are plotting in her cell and watching the huge opening she blasted on the wall. There is that Hans again with his guards. Their blades were shining when light hit in the edges of the blade, they were aggressive which worried me a lot.

I wanted to know what they were talking about, when I heard it I almost lost my balance. They wanted to kill the Queen of Arendelle who happens to be Elsa. This is how much I have found about the little girl back then. She was a princess, now a queen. Oh yeah, and has similar powers that I do but has been hiding them. She froze Arendelle but I don’t think that the situation is so bad that you would have to kill her!

Hans was speaking. “You go look for her in the castle,” he stated to guards and glanced to frozen sea, “I will search for her in there. Kill her, no questions asked. She murdered Princess Anna!” He made his voice sound desperate. ”YOU ARE LYING!” I yelled but it was no use, I couldn’t tell them that Anna is alive. “Why was I so stupid and didn’t tell Elsa that BEFORE she forgot me!” I hit my head with my staff and hated myself.

No wonder she hates me, a stupid jerk who takes nothing seriously. Now I even screwed up this! Yeah, Jack..just  rescue some kids and let one of them freeze to death and then the other one to be murdered 14 years later. My pity for myself was interrupted when I heard the guards leaving to corridor, Hans went through the opening. “Crap! I need to do something.”

What if…if..YEAH, that is it! ”Now you can’t see her,” I smirked cunningly when I made a thick snow blizzard to the kingdom of Arendelle. Me of all people should know that if you are not seen, well, then they can’t touch you! I followed Hans and his struggles against the power of my wind and snow made me laugh, he tried to cover his face with his hands. He had to hold on to his hair when I made the wind blow faster. “I will give you a head start Elsa,” I whispered and glanced towards the mountains.

However I needed to find her sister to make sure she is safe. I decided to fly to find the girl named Anna and as I was in the air I noticed a man riding a reindeer towards the castle. They would get speeding tickets for sure. When I floated in the air I noticed that they were running towards cracking ice, they almost fell. My wind let me go fast to them and I made the ice thicker for the rest of the trip. “Sven, we need to find Anna,” the man spoke to the reindeer. “True love will thaw,” he mumbled and continued his trip. He was having it hard to go through my blizzard and I made a path towards castle where Anna might be. On the path the blizzard was calmer.

I went ahead to look for Princess Anna. She was outside the castle and making her way through the blizzard. The snow man was with her, “We need to find Kristoff or else ..Anna,” snow man sounded worried. Anna was shivering and tried to warm her hands, her body was looking pale and almost shading to blue. “Go ahead Olaf, I will catch up with you.. f-f-find Kristoff,” Anna was feeling cold and her hair was almost entirely white.  

Wind was carrying the sound of Kristoff who was yelling after Anna. She couldn’t hear it since the wind doesn’t talk to everyone. The wind is picky to whom to open to. I lifted my staff to the direction where Kristoff was searching  for Anna and then pulled my staff back to my direction where Anna had just fallen to her knees and shivering. Now the wind was blowing to Anna’s direction and carrying the voice of Kristoff to her. “Kristoff!” Anna tried to yell but her sound was weak. Immediately I helped her out by using the wind to carry her words to Kristoff. They found each other and I left back to Elsa.

For my shock I saw that Hans had found her already. “Queen Elsa! Stop this eternal winter!” Hans begged from her. ”No, no.. I can’t!” She turned her back to Hans. ”Please, do it for your sisters sake, she loved Arendelle!”

“My sister.. “ Elsa’s lower lip started to move like she was about to cry. Hans had an awful smirk which Elsa didn’t see. “Yes, yes.. your sister! You killed her, don’t you remember?” I tried to punch Hans with my fist but it went through him. “DON’T YOU LIE TO HER!” No use, he didn’t hear me or feel me.

Elsa’s shoulders moved up and down quickly. She was gasping for air and finally she fell down. Hans was approaching her step by step and I tried to slow him down with making the blizzard stronger. However Elsa’s fall to ground made everything to pause. Snowflakes were just floating in the air while she cried. Her hands were covering her face and tears drop to ground from between of her fingers. “She is alright, Anna is alright… Elsa..” I tried to give her comfort by kneeling next to her and pet her back but I couldn’t. My hand just went through her and I felt miserable.

Hans chuckled which made me look at his direction. He took something from behind of his back with an evil grin. The edges of the blade shined when he lifted the blade to stabbing position. I glanced at him and then Elsa, he was about to stab her while she couldn’t do anything. She was crying because of her misery.

All I could do was to place my body over Elsa’s. Even though I knew that I am invisible to them I should at least try. Everything was happening too fast, Elsa was now sobbing in front of me. Her body shook from time to time because of her sobbing which made her back rise and go down whenever she cried. That made her back go through my chest from time to time. I tried to protect her by hugging her from behind as we were on the ground. My staff was now too far away when I dropped it just before when I tried to give Elsa comfort.

Hans laughed behind of me and I closed my eyes. “No, no.. this can’t be happening,” I whispered. Then I heard a scream from my right. “Elsa!” It was Anna and when I opened my eyes I saw her going in front of Hans’s blade. For my shock I saw Anna freezing completely, her frozen hand which was in protective position broke the blade to small pieces. Hans fell to ground in shock.

Then I startled when Elsa rose up quickly and went through me. “No, Anna! Please no!” She cried and was sliding her hand against her sister’s icy cheeks. Anna didn’t respond, her whole body was now solid ice. I just sat on the ground and watched. The whole scene was almost too painful to watch. The guy named Kristoff arrived there and his running turned into slow steps when he saw what was happened. The sadness in his eyes was heartbreaking.

Elsa was now hanging from Anna’s neck and continued her cry. Her feet gave in and she was now just hanging with the support of her hands. The two sisters from my memory were there but this is not what I wanted when I get to meet them. They should be happy and together, not like this. I stare at the ground and realize that Elsa’s sobbing is turning to sound more like laughter.

When I lifted my head I saw Elsa hugging Anna. Anna was hugging her back and.. she wasn’t frozen anymore! I joined with their laughter and watched when Kristoff also gave Anna a hug. “You saved me!” Elsa smiled to Anna. ”Yes, because I love you Elsa.” Anna and Elsa were holding hands and smiling. Then Elsa seemed like figuring something out. “Love will thaw,” she whispered and Anna seemed puzzled. “That is it!” Elsa screamed in excitement. They moved to top of a boat and Elsa smiled to everyone.

Gladly I was holding my staff and leaning to it when next thing happened. Otherwise I might have fallen from amazement. “Love will thaw!” Elsa sounded excited and made an enormous snowflake on the air which then exploded to small crystals. Everything started to unfreeze fast. The summer came back to Arendelle.