14 The Spirit of Winter

POV Jack

I watch down and see how the view changes. I am moving with high speed and really far away from ground. House after house passes by while I travel. I don’t remember any of this and this feels like a dream. This can’t be a memory though since I don’t believe that my human self could fly. Am I right?

Suddenly I made a sudden turn and flew to a smaller town. Windows started to frost as well as the ground. It was night time. Now I was floating in the air and my eyes just saw something, or to precise they saw nothing. There was no reflection. I stared at a window screen that reflected everything, cars and houses but there was something odd. I couldn’t see myself.

Slowly I started to realize what I am seeing when I started to move up in the air again. This isn’t me. It was weird to just be a viewer when things happen around you. Again I move towards the ground to a city this time. “Hey, don’t do that!” I yell when ground freezes below a woman who is carrying groceries. She falls down and apples spread to road after her paper bag tears apart.

Now I know what is going on. This is the memory of the Spirit of Winter, from the time before it became a part of me. I see cars in the parking lot and that helps me determine the timeline where I was now. These types of cars existed when I was younger, about 20 years ago when I was 16. Yeah, I have done my research so I could find any clues about who I am.

The Spirit of Winter does some pranks to people while I watch. It is like it lives for it only and to make places freeze. I never have done such things to people on purpose, freezing the ground just when they are about to walk on it. I couldn’t close my eyes to not to see what the spirit was doing.

Again it lifted itself high in the air and traveled a long journey. “Hey! I know this area!” I watched the ground and saw snowy mountains and a forest. The forest had a pond in the middle. We were closing the kingdom of Arendelle. Soon the streets of Arendelle’s town were frosted and the Spirit was leaving.

Then it passed the castle. However it stopped and went to a window. There was a couple talking and the woman seemed happy while she was petting her stomach. She was expecting a child and from the looks of it she could pop up in anytime. What is it doing? I wondered when the Spirit opened the window with gentle breeze. The man closed the window door right after the Spirit had sneaked its way inside the room.

The Spirit just floated in the air but then started to get closer to the woman. And closer. And closer. ”No!” I yelled when the Spirit went so close to the woman that I realized what it was doing. The next thing was the fact that the Spirit failed to its attempt to get a hold of the baby. I gasped when I had just felt the feeling when you go through someone. The feeling is something you never get used to.

“Ah!” The woman gasped and I really hoped that she would be alright. “What is it dear?” The man asked from the woman. “I suddenly felt so cold and got the chills. I think that I am alright in any case?” She smiled to the man and they hugged.

Now the Spirit left the room and as it was outside Manny started to speak to it. “Again fooling around with people, oh Spirit of Winter?” I could sense that the Spirit agreed. “Now you know that you cannot enter to a unborn child. There are consequences for your actions that reveal themselves in the future.” The Spirit was now sending a remorseful feeling. “You will have an opportunity to have a physical form one day but not today.  First you need to know what type of person that is. Their center must be the same that you’re about. It is the only way for you to become Guardian.” The Spirit seemed confused. “From that unborn child you can’t see what she will grow up to be. You will have to yet wait for your body.

I gasped when I woke up. The dream was so real this time like it was before.  Elsa woke up next to me and for my relief she managed to ease my unease feelings with her looks. Her hair was pointing to every direction which made me laugh. “Haha mister -,” she sounded serious and showed me her tongue, “- your hair is always messy so you can’t judge.” She had guessed right to what I was laughing at.

“Sorry,” I chuckled. “So, why did you wake up like that?” She sounded worried. ”Just had a dream, that is all,” I smiled faintly. “Mind to share it with me?” Her smile was so caring, “I am sorry. I need to figure out this one out by myself. “ She nodded her approval to me.

A/N: So.. What do you guys think? :)