11 Visiting Burgess

POV Elsa

Something just made me bounce on my bed. My sweet dreams were interrupted and I groaned when I turned my head so I could see my alarm clock. “6’am” I gasped and turned so I could lay on my back.

Jack was standing on my bed and smiling annoyingly happily at this hour. “Rise up sleeping beauty,” he smirked while yelling in excitement. I put my pillow over my head as I turned to lay on my stomach. “Go away nuisance, too early!” Unfortunately my outburst didn’t have the effect I wished for. He started to laugh instead of going away. “No it isn’. Remember what day it is?” He sounded amused.

He was pulling the bed sheet from top of me. “Ah! Stop!” I yelled and tried to push him away with my feet. “I will tickle you if you don’t wake up.” He made himself sound serious and as his fingers pressed against my ribs and I heard him chuckle, that made me quickly turn around. “Alright! Ok! I am awake!” I yelled and sat on the bed’s edge. He smiled with satisfaction all over his face and as he realized that I stared at him he winked his right eye.

“Nice hairstyle,” he chuckled again and I threw the pillow at him. He jumped in the air and avoided the hit. “Let me get ready,” I made a sigh while the words came out of my lungs. For my shock he just stood there and continued smiling. “Like let me get ready -,” I took a breath before continuing, “-ALONE!”

With laughter he went outside from the window which I closed after him and pulled curtains to cover it. Today I am traveling to Burgess in America to spend this weekend. I dressed myself in normal dress, the color of ice blue but without actual ice since people might pay attention to me too much when I travel. After that I carefully combed my hair and made French braiders. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to have breakfast since I forgot what today was going to happen, gladly Jack woke me up even though I will never admit that to him. I took my passport and flight tickets from my desk and then the trolley bag from my rooms corner. I packed it ready yesterday and had to freeze Jack against the wall. He actually didn’t do anything that bad bud he just happened to came there just when I packed my underwear. So he deserved it, or maybe not. Gladly I have fast reflexes.

“Are you ready?” Jack yelled impatiently from the window. ”Yeah,” I answered and quickly stuffed my gloves to my jacket’s pocket. Jack flew back inside, he looked at me. “You know that I would help,” he was referring to my luggage, “-but it would be weird. Like when people see a trolley bag moving by itself.” He was grinning and I have to admit that the visual image from a lone trolley bag rolling inside of the airport would look a bit weird. The thought made me chuckle but soon I cleared my throat, “Let’s go Jack.”

A servant took my trolley bag to car. The driver opened the door for me which made me politely nod politely as a sign of gratitude. I waited that Jack went inside before me, otherwise the driver would have probably shut the door in front of him. Actually it was sad that no one else was able to see him.

Only after 30 minutes drive towards the airport Jack started to speak, “So how long travel is it to Burgess?” After some calculation I told him, “Almost a one day travel since the flight is long and I need to change the flight couple of times.” I didn’t want to use private planes since I wanted my travel stay as secret as possible.  “That long?” Jack exhaled.

His anxiety was showing a lot. “I know a faster way!” He suddenly yelled which made me startle. “Stop the car and trust in me, please.” He was looking so determined while he narrowed his eyebrows. His look made me actually believe in him and stop the driver. “Say to send the bags after you,” Jack smiled and after nodding him back I did what he asked.

I watched as the driver left and a dust cloud was following his way while he drove off. Now I was standing next to a road. “So what is the faster way?” Before I was even finished with my sentence he was smirking and started to walk closer to me. “What are you doing?” I asked from him and felt how he pulled me close, his left arm was resting on my back. He winked his eye, “We are going to fly of course.” My feet started to lose contact with the ground. We were rising up, “No put me down! Right now!” I screamed and he looked confused.