1 Skating at Night

POV Elsa

”Elsa! Wake up!” Anna was jumping on top of me. The whole castle was sleeping and so should we.  I turned to my other side and Anna fell from top of me. We shared the bedroom so it was easy for her to wake me up. She made a disappointed sound and started to push me. “Stop it Anna!” I raised my voice for my four year old sister. She is two years younger than me.

“Please Elsa, the moon is so bright and I want to skate!” She made an expression that would melt everyone’s heart. I smirked at her and nodded. “Not for long Anna! Just a little skate so mum and dad won’t notice that we sneaked out again.” Her fingers clasped together and she made a small squeaking sound. I chuckled to her because so is so honest with her feelings all the time and can’t hold them in like I should do.

We were walking outside in the crisp winter night. The moon was shining and the forest made dancing shadows when the moons light hit the trees. The night was silent and we just heard our feet making a crunchy sound when we walked. Anna jumped to snow and made a snow angel and then pulled me down. We were giggling loudly since we were far away from town and the castle, nobody could hear us in this place where were just the two of us.

I made a snow angel too. It looked weird since it seemed that it had a horn on top of its head. My hair was in ponytail and formed “the horn”. Anna was giggling and said “look Elsa, snow demon!” My heart sank, sometimes I do feel like a monster. Anna noticed that my feelings were down and she smiled to me.

She took my hand and started to pull me further to forest. We had been there for many times before since Anna loved to skate and we had a secret pond in the middle of forest. “Let’s go Elsa! To skate!” She screamed with excitement and made me laugh when she did funny expressions with her face.

We arrived to the pond. It was early winter so I noticed that this night was bit warm since the surface of the ice was darker in the middle. Anna seemed disappointed since skating wouldn’t be safe with ice being like that. I giggled and smiled. “Anna, I will fix it!” I slightly touched the surface and it became more solid.

Then I made us both skates and we skated around the pond. I was holding her by her hands and we watched each other in the eyes when we skated. I kicked us some speed and pulled her behind of me. “Elsa, let me try by myself!” She stated with confidence.

My laughter for her ended in an approving nod and I let go of her. She giggled and kicked some speed. “Go Anna, you are doing fine!” I yelled and watched her go. Then I had the worst feeling of my life. I saw her going towards the middle of the pond. My powers weren’t great enough to make it absolutely safe.

“No, Anna! Stop, don’t go there!” I yelled in shock and she screamed. The ice made a cracking sound. What will I do? I need to get her away from there. She was standing still in the middle. “Anna! Just stay still, ok!” I yelled and she nodded. She made small weeping sounds.

”What will I do? I need to get her out. “ I whispered while I watched my little sister shaking in shock. “Elsa, help!” She cried and adrenaline rushed through me when I took some speed by kicking skate in front of another. I pushed her to other side of the pond and fell to my butt from the impact. She was safe but now I was in trouble.

POV ANNA

My butt hurts since I fell to edge of the pond when Elsa pushed me. She pushed me away and she is now in trouble.  The cracking of the ice sounds louder. “Elsa, come here!” I yelled but she shook her head.

”I can’t Anna. The ice is breaking.” She sounded scared and then I had an idea. ”Use your gift Elsa!” That will sure work out but then I felt terrible when she answered to me. “I just can’t do it Anna! I’m too scared and my powers don’t work.. Please get help!” She sounded desperate and I tried to approach her.

Just when my foot touched the ice there was the sound of crack again. “No! Don’t come here Anna!” She yelled. ”Go and get help!” She was ordering me and I quickly shattered the ice skates and started to run for help. Please,  please help us I thought to myself.

Forest was silent since it was midnight. I don’t think that Elsa has long time to wait since the ice is breaking. Desperation starts to fill me, images of Elsa drowning and now she is alone since I am here trying to find anyone to help.

My feet get mixed up and I trip and fall to fresh snow. Tears fill my eyes since I hurt my knee on a rock that was showing itself under the snow. It wasn’t the pain that made me cry, I was worried about my sister. I let myself scream for help.

“PLEASE! Anyone! We need help.” No answer and I got up. “HELP!” I yelled once more and continued running, then I saw a small warm light spot deeper in the forest. It moved from side to side. It must have been a lantern. I collected air in my lungs and yelled as hard as I can. “PLEASE! HELP US!”  My hands were forming a megaphone to make my yell louder. The lantern stopped moving.

Once more I yelled. ”HELP!” There was a moment of silence before I heard a deep voice yelling back. “Where are you! “ I answered to the yell and the light went off after falling down. Then I heard snow crunching far away, then the sound was getting closer to me and I realized that it was the sound of footsteps. Someone was running to me in the snow.

A boy was running to me with worried expression. He was breathing fast when he came to me and took support from his knees. “What is wrong?” He kindly asked and smiled. ”My sister! The ice! ” He looked confused and placed his hand on my shoulder. “Calm down. What about your sister and the ice?”

“The ice is cracking! She is stuck.” His lips went narrow and he seemed to be concentrating. “Take me to where she is, I will try to help you guys.” He smiled and I quickly took his warm hand in mine. My hands were cold after I had fell down to snow.  He was running after me but fell after few feet. He was older than us, maybe 20 years old and was too heavy to run on fresh snow. His feet got stuck.

“Uh.. just give me a second.” He stated and pulled his leg from the pile of snow. His shoes were still inside of the snow but he didn’t care when he told me to keep going. He was running in the cold without shoes, he really wanted to help us. His face was determined.

POV Elsa

Minutes felt like hours when I just stood on the cracking ice. Every crack sounded like voice of thunder in my ears, every sound made me feel more scared. I closed my eyes and just after that started to hear the sound of someone running in the snow.

Anna was coming back with a boy. Boy was wearing a cloak, white shirt and brown pants. His shoes were missing. I watched when they arrived near the pond. Boy looked to be in agony as he squeezed his chest with his hand.

His brown eyes were looking worried. “Hey! Are you alright?” He yelled at me and Anna was holding the edge of his shirt and seemed to be in shock. “No, I am scared!” I yelled back.

He smiled to me. ”Dont be! My name is Jack Overland and I am here to help you. What is your name?” He laughed. ”I am Elsa.” Then his hand went through his messy style brown hair.

He seemed to be thinking out a plan then he chuckled. He sure was acting weird in serious situation. “Ok, Elsa. Let’s have some fun. Just a little hop scotch.” He smirked and run to edge of forest and returned with a stick on his hand. It was long and had a G-type of branch on other end. “Just jump closer to me, like in hop scotch.” He laughed. ”No I am scared!”

His voice was calming and warm. “Just trust me.” I nodded and jumped forward, he slowly approached me and counted. The ice was breaking apart. “AND THREE!” He yelled while he pulled me away from the ice. He slipped and flew to the spot I just was. I just managed to see his laughing expression and then shock in his eyes when the ice gave up beneath him.

“JACK!” I screamed and watched the boy to fell under the icy water. He didn’t come to surface. I took Anna’s hand and we run back to castle in the silent winter night and woke up our parents. The guards followed us to pond but they couldn’t find him. He was gone, the person who rescued me.