Chapter 10 ~ No Touchy.

For a moment all is silent.

Rosik and I stand on the veranda and stare out into the seemingly endless field.

In daylight I can see no other buildings besides the one Dana and I are forced in.
Perhaps at night it will be easier to see a house, a spark of light is far easier to spot then plain bricks or wooden structures.

The van, still as ominous as ever is parked out the front of the gate, this just reminds me that Axel is definitely still inside and is still a threat.

"Axel is busy on the phone, he's organising the rest of our trip."
Rosik replies after he notices my eyes linger on the van.

Trip. This isn't some sort of fun little adventure.
There is no hobbit urging us on or prophecy that needs to be completed, there is no free will and there is no joy.
Certainly not from Dana and my perspective.

I send a withering glare at Rosik in response but he's too focused on the sun setting in the distance.

I still maintain a careful distance from his form, just out of reach to make grabbing a stretch and in turn allowing myself a few seconds if needed to avoid his poisoning grip.
Taking advantage of the fact that I'm slightly behind Rosik I take a moment to stare at his form and really take a moment to study him.

He wasn't unattractive by any means.

I'm sure that plenty of people around his age which I would guess to be around thirty would find him worth a double take.
His dark hair which is shaven closely to the scalp still looks soft and if he tried to grow it then I'm sure that it would be shiny.
He has broad shoulders and when he gave his shirt to me I could tell that the body matched in broadness.

Why would someone who seemingly has it all physically going for him choose this lifestyle?

Shaking my head I allow my curls to whip across my cheeks.
I'm not here to analyse them, I remind myself.

I'm here to get Dana and my ticket to freedom.
All I need to know is their physical attributes to lock them up, it's not my place nor concern to figure out why they chose the path that they did.

"So.. How do I do it? Just breath normally?" I question and fight the urge to avert my eyes as Rosik turns around to face me.

I refuse to look up at him but at this close of a distance I can already feel a headache forming by my eyes stretching to the top of my head as I meet his smirking eyes.

"No, no. You need to begin slow, starting too quickly will make you choke." Rosik replies winking and I quickly catch on to his slightly sexual undertones.

Rolling my eyes I fight the childish urge to blush which I have no doubt only makes me blush darker as Rosik walks over to a nearby bench leaning next to the door.

I cautiously follow and at his direction I lightly perch on the far side of the bench, hands neatly in my lap as I keep my eyes downcast but head turned in his direction.

Slowly Rosik lowers his body onto the bench, the old wood complains but he continues to shuffle down until he is mere inches from touching my leg with his own.

As much as I appreciate that he is sticking to his promise of not touching me I'm not surprised that he's still managing to push my buttons.
He just has to be a dick-head about everything he does.

Smiling softly, noticing my glare at his leg Rosik reaches once more into his pocket and produces his packet of cigarettes.
I try not to let my stare reek of greed as I watch him then reach into his back pocket and pull out to my relief a box of matches.