Chapter 22 ~ Glorious Food.

I clench the thin bowl tighter in my hands and allow the steam to wash over my features as I breathe in the wonderful aroma of pumpkin soup.

Dana had found various soup cans provided in the shopping so for lunch she had taken the care to make everyone here a soup.

I was grateful for the pumpkin, it being my favourite and I send a thankful smile at Dana across the table as she begins blowing on her spoon.

I mimic her actions, my spoon wobbling so much that over half of it falls back into the bowl but the moment the small sip of soup touches my tongue my whole body relaxes.

I close my eyes, fighting the urge to moan and I can almost ignore Rosiks hand on my thigh.

His hand is heavy and he is quickly slurping away at his tomato soup, barely breathing while his hand remains on my skin.

After walking in on me and Eric he was less than pleased and simply snatched me away from Eric and allowed me to eat all without saying a word.
While I fear what his silence is leading to I can't help but bask in the comfort of it.

Eric is next to Dana much to my dislike however I knew better then to push my luck and make a fuss.
My hunger is my priority right now and I can't do anything to disrupt that.

The table remains silent, Eric attempts to converse around his vegetable soup a few times.

Idle remarks that are blander than the weather and nobody attempts to humour him besides Dana.
Dana gave meek replies when she could relate but my sharpened gaze caused even her to quiet.

Too soon I reach the bottom of my bowl, still much slower than Rosik or Eric but I'm still surprised by my speed as Dana stirs through her half-full bowl.
I gaze longingly at my empty bowl and consider making some more just as Eric rises and collects our bowls.

"Do you want some more Katie?"
Eric questions and my glare softens at his seemingly decent behaviour.
I go to open my mouth to respond but Rosik takes this moment to speak over me.

"She is full." His voice is gruff, heavily draped in his accent hinting at his anger and Eric doesn't push it.

He sends me one lingering stare before shrugging and dumping the dishes in the sink.
Dana gets up quickly and makes her way to the sink and instantly begins washing, disgust fills my stomach as I watch Dana so freely slave over these men.

As my stomach churns I can't help but agree with Rosik, I don't think any more food is a good idea.

"Katie and I are going out for a little while." Rosik suddenly states and I turn to face him so quickly that I actually get whiplash and tilt my head in confusion.

The whole room is quiet until suddenly I hear Axel yell from the other room.

"You've lost your mind!"
The strength behind Axels voice contrasts his physical state greatly.
I'm surprised by his good hearing however as much as he puts on an act of bravado this loss of respect must be hard for him to handle.
That doesn't make me sympathetic towards him in the slightest.

Rosik ignores Axel, only creasing his eyebrows in annoyance.

It's only now that I realise that Rosik has actually called me by my real name and it only fills me with dread knowing that I've truly made him angrier than ever before.

"Where are we going?" Eric interrupts now and the crease deepens between Rosiks brows while I stare at him in shock.

"You are going nowhere except remaining in whatever room Dana is in. Katie and I have some errands to run before we leave." Rosik grits out and his hand tightens over my thigh which causes me to bite my lip through the pain.