Chapter 7 ~ Water Woes.

I vaguely hear Rosik repeat my name in the background but I'm busy applying all my focus towards Dana.

I never told her the importance of our names so I guess I can blame this on myself.
Once again I've failed to communicate with Dana and it's backfired.

"Lovely. Last name?" Axels entire mood has shifted once again from his sick version of playful to now completely business.
He's been waiting for this kind of slip up and I can already tell that both the men are memorising all our details for a higher purpose.

"Dana, don't." I warn as I watch her open her small lips once again, we can't give away that kind of information until we know what its use is for.

"Now Katie, is that your full name or a nickname?" Rosik questions, ignoring my obvious discomfort and I try not to cringe.

"It's Katherine to the both of you."
I snap and quickly run my hand through my hair.
This piece of information I'm happy to give out, the name that my close ones call me should not be uttered by either of these men.

I'm feeling so torn.
I can feel a panic attack rising and want nothing more then to flee the room and stabilise myself but Dana is keeping me rooted.
She looks so tiny at that table and while she's keeping her head down I can feel her eyes in my direction, needing me to fix the situation.

"Can Dana and I use the bathroom? I'm assuming that if this house has electricity then surely it has hot water as well." I blurt this out so quickly that even I'm struggling to understand what I said but judging by the glint in the men's eyes I'm assuming that they understood enough.

"Of course Katherine. Although at least let your sister eat her breakfast. She has been so helpful this morning already and deserves to eat her-" cutting himself off Axel grabs a piece of bacon with his hand and takes a large bite out of it.
I can feel my stomach begin to roll.
"-Delicious food."

I watch a piece of bacon break free from his mouth as he tries to talk through the food and I cringe as it plummets onto the table.
Axel winks at Dana who is now gazing up through her hair and her blush darkens even further at the compliment.

Pointing at her plate with his fork Dana silently begins to eat her breakfast, soon after Rosik begins eating as well.
I glance at my plate on the bench and as much as I adore Dana's cooking I can barely stop myself from vomiting already, food is not high on my priority list right now.

"Katie isn't my sister, we're cousins." Dana practically whispers just as I begin to loosen up and I fight the urge to tense again.

I'll wait until we're alone, she doesn't understand how important this information is to them.
I can't get angry at her, she's just trying to keep the situation calm.

All these words continue to spin in my head and while they stop my urge to scream I can't help the crease that forms between my brows as I focus on the tiles below my feet.
Just count down from one hundred and soon this situation will be over.

"Dana you're such a sweet girl." Axel replies as he shovels more food down his throat and I clench my fists tightly, practically feeling the slime coating his words.

What worries me more is that Dana's blush is still ever present, his dark words seemingly having no major effect on her.

This is the closest that Axel is ever going to get to Dana.
From now on I'm the barricade, even if it means that I have to sit next to Axel for each forced meal.

Thankfully though I can still feel my hidden object pressed against my hip and if my plan works then we won't be here for many more meals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally after another awkward few minutes of watching the three of them eat Dana and I are finally led to the bathroom.