Part 34

The following morning, I find myself alone in the bed by the time I feel awake enough to take stock of my surroundings. It's light behind the curtains. I slide my arm across the sheet, turning over and wondering where the hell Diana has got to, but the sheet is still a little bit warm from her body, and I can definitely smell her on the pillows. I bury my face where she's been lying, and breathe deeply for a minute.

Then I notice that in fact the bedroom door is ajar and I can hear the kettle coming to a boil downstairs. I lean over the side of the bed and shout so I hope she'll hear me. 'Diana?'

Faintly, I hear her reply. 'Fiona? Are you awake?' There's some movement, then her voice comes much stronger than before. She's obviously moved out of the kitchen to the bottom of the stairs. 'Fiona? Did you say something?'

'Yes,' I call back. 'Tea for me, please. Not coffee.'

I hear her tut. 'I do know you well enough by now, my girl, to know you always have tea first thing. Good to know you're awake, though.'

A few moments later, I listen to her make her way carefully upstairs, then she nudges the door open with her foot, a mug in each hand. I move back across the bed as she comes over and puts both mugs down on the bedside table.

She clambers quickly back under the duvet, and we kiss. 'Good morning,' she says softly. 'It's going to be a nice day.' She reaches back to plump her pillows up against the bed-head, and sits up against them. She reaches for her mug and sips coffee.

'What time is it?' I turn on my side and pretend I'm rearranging her pyjama top as an excuse to touch her.

'About eight o'clock.' She shrugs. 'Maybe about twenty past, by now.' She puts her mug down. 'Do we want the curtains open?'

I groan. 'No.' I snuggle back down under the duvet and sigh. 'Well, if we must. I'm awake now, I suppose.' I have noticed that Diana seems incapable of sleeping beyond about seven in the morning.

'You don't like mornings, do you, Fiona?'

'I have nothing against mornings during the week. I don't see the need for them on Sundays, though.'

'It's Saturday today.'

I groan again. 'Oh, weekends, then.' I turn on my side, my back to her again, and nudge her with my foot. 'Go on, then, if you must. Open the bloody curtains.' I shut my eyes tightly and flick my hair over my face.

She laughs gently, then I feel her get up. As she draws the curtains back, the sunlight definitely spills into the room. I have to admit, I do like a sunny early Summer morning myself, and sunshine always cheers me up. I keep my eyes closed, though, and concentrate hard on not moving.

She gets back into bed. I hear her sip more coffee, then put her mug back on the side. I hear her breathe out heavily in an amused sort of half-sigh. I feel her turn and slide herself to lie behind me again, like the night before but not quite as close, and I hold my breath: is she going to make a move on me? She moves a pillow back down onto the bed to rest her head, and one of her hands tentatively snakes over my waist, under my elbow. I move my arm to let her slide it fully on to my stomach. She moves again, pressing her body up against my back, like the night before, and her other hand awkwardly brushes my hair.

I push back against her. I'm glad she's there, and I don't even try to hide how much I like feeling her close behind me. Her body and hands make several small requests: her leg pushing at mine, for example, her crotch lightly brushing my bum, her hand attempting to shift my arm so she can fully encircle my waist. I give her her way with all of them, relaxing my body and letting her move my limbs how she wants. It is very nice indeed to feel her do such things, and I enjoy the languorous way the arousal fills me slowly with each small movement of her against me.