Part 43

With a bit of effort, we finish the washing up without getting distracted again, while she starts to tell me what she's trying to say in her speech. Her main point seems to be that she's identified three characteristics which have made her successful but that she believes anyone can develop, and that if they're carefully cultivated, they can give you the life you want. I tell her that sounds just the sort of thing the college will expect for such a speech, and her face lifts in relief. 'You think so? You think that's alright, then?'

'I'm sure so, Diana.' For a moment, I can see that her worry lifts, and it transforms her face. Normally she has a few little lines on her brow and around her eyes, no doubt the result of the stress of her job and the years of hard work to get there. And there's often a shadow of worry about something in her eyes, not to mention the fact that she doesn't smile much at the best of times. But now, for a few moments, she looks happy and relaxed and at peace. The sheer beauty of it, of seeing her fully at peace for a second or two, hits me hard in the stomach, and I am so happy for her because it's rare for me to see her so relaxed. In fact, the only other time I have has been while (or just after) we've been making love.

I reach up and run my hand over her arms and back affectionately. She leans in to me, and when we look at each other there is a throb of arousal between us. She kisses me slowly, while she reaches for a tea towel and dries her hands. I lean in against her and kiss her back, taking the towel from her when she's finished, then holding her hands on our chests between us. Just as the kiss begins to heat up and become more urgent, I break away slowly and lead her upstairs.

***

Unusually, she lies back on my bed and lets me kneel over her to kiss her lightly while I slowly undo her shirt. She lifts herself briefly, to allow me to reach round and unclasp her bra, which I then push aside. The sheer beauty of her body never fails to delight me, and I explore it with my mouth and tongue for a while, delighting in the warm smoothness of her skin and its rich scent which is so uniquely her, delighting in the firm sensitivity of her large nipples, and in the shivering excitement that's so obviously rippling through her. Her hands stroke my legs and bum through my jeans, then one comes round and grasps the front of the waistband to pull me down onto her as I kiss her exposed throat. She raises a leg, pushing it firmly between my thighs, as I lean to one side slightly and suck my tummy in hard to give my hand space to brush the sides of her open shirt away from her smooth navel.

'Ohh, Fiona.' She shivers at the touch of my fingers. 'You're so lovely. You...you're...I need you...'

I kiss her firmly to stop her talking and explore her mouth with my tongue while my fingers trail over her abdomen. I rub myself against her leg. With a sigh of impatience, she reaches for the fastening on her jeans, but I catch her fingers and stroke them away gently, before popping the button on her jeans myself and pushing the zip down. I slide my fingers inside.

***

After a while, the presence of our clothes stops being fun and sexy and I want to feel her naked but daren't stop something she's obviously really liking. I rub my cheek against hers as I touch her and find her earlobe with my lips. She's lightly guiding my hips so that I rub up and down on her thigh, even as my fingers press against her inside her jeans. It's exciting, it's good, and the movement of my jeans and pants on me is hitting all the right spots. But I suddenly want to be as close to her as possible. 'Diana?', I whisper in her ear.

'Mmmm?'

'I want to feel your skin on mine. While we do this.'

She turns her head and nudges my face so that we kiss. I'm very excited at how aroused she feels, and the kiss is sexily rough. She lingers over pulling her tongue out of my mouth, then lets her head flop back on the pillow. 'Undress me, then.' After a moment, she turns her head again and finds my ear through my hair. 'I want you inside me, Fiona.'