Chapter 9 - Brief Periods Out of Reality

The next day I woke up, nothing unusual happened, it seemed. Nobody talked about that tape, or the story the old man told us. Even Kerwin kept a safe distance around me. The trip ended shortly after, and we headed back home.

It was confusing, since the tape was such a hit just days ago, but now no one seemed to remember it. I didn’t really want to know about my past, so that fitted me. Slowly, even I began to forget about this incident in our peaceful life.

Zach was back to usual, teasing me, bringing in a pretty girl sometimes. Lucy and her pack didn’t mention anything new. I got better on my study, and was one of the best students. Peter and Amy became a couple. I never saw them without seeing the other. I lost a lot of fun talking and spending time with Amy, so that was a little sad. However, they were happy, and I was happy for them.

The only thing different was, I started to have headaches. This was weird, because that was not normal. Sometimes, I got flashbacks of something unfamiliar, and then it blurred into nothing, and my head was left hurt.

Everything was so peaceful, and so fast every day went by. It was like someone pushed the fast-forward button. In a minute, Kerwin was going back to his hometown, and I went to the airport with Amy to see him off. Then there was the graduation of Lucy and her pack. They were a year older than me. After that, my own final exams came up. Suddenly, I was busy preparing for my own graduation.

Zach didn’t want to move anywhere, so I chose a college just outside the town. Most of the others were staying as well. Actually, all of them were. Amy was thrilled when she found out I was going to the same college as she was.

The vampire hunters did pay a few visits, but didn’t bother with us.

How time flied! I was walking out of school when I suddenly ran into somebody, which was rare now. I looked up, and saw Kerwin’s eyes smiling at me.

He and Tiffany were back again to attend our graduation ceremony as guests.

I didn’t know, this was the only brief time I could enjoy myself in happiness.

Short, but more are coming soon!