Chapt. 2

After I promised Zach with a diet of fresh blood for one week and the replacement of the old curtains we were using during the day, he finally agreed to my plan to act like a normal person. I would have preferred to let him stay at home, but that was the best compromise I assumed that I could get, so better less than none.

The parents’ day at our school was a little bit different. It was mainly a special event when all the first-years’ parents go to school to a big dance, accompanied by their children. There were a lot of single parent here, so I guessed that was just a way to try and make up some real families.

Just like prom. However, these kinds of things meant only one word to me: awkward. Awkward, awkward, awkward. This was due to my vampire brother.

The vampire brother who was strangely interested in playing dress-up on his sister.

I was dragged into the little dressing room, with a nightgown to change into. It was strapless, basically black, with a little blood-red lace on the side. At least it was better than the last gown, which was red satin, designed by my dearest brother. I had to admit, most vampires were geniuses. I was astonished to find my brother earning money as a dress designer. As a famous dress designer, actually.

I couldn’t understand it, what was it with dresses and vampires? They all seemed to be really careful with what they wore.

However, this was not my first concern this evening. Keeping an eye on Zach wasn’t the easiest thing I had done, especially when he could find a way out without you noticing anything at all. I knew my brother, when he found beauties he wouldn’t stop until he had them. That was the biggest problem of all. Maybe I would just keep him away from the main hall.

It didn’t take long to drive to school in Zach’s shiny vehicle. I made up my mind on the way that I would leave him with Lucy and let him deal with her, hopefully for a whole evening. Finding Lucy wasn’t as difficult as holding Zach still and I didn’t think Lucy will do anything harsh with almost everyone in town around. So I stuck to the plan, and ran off right after introducing Lucy to Zach, who came towards as soon as she saw us.

Staring at Lucy’s big smile, Zach snarled under his breath, too low for others to hear: “What do you think you are doing here?”

Lucy was expressing an even broader grin: “That should have been my question. I thought that you would go away immediately after that incident. How come you change your mind?”

“You will do nothing to hurt her!” Zach tensed into a protective crouch, meaning to warn her.

“Relax, relax. I will mean her no harm if she turns out to be not harmful.” Lucy laughed at his reaction, “You are absolutely becoming more over-protective every day.”

Lucy watched Zach as he relaxed and left without a farewell glance, and whispered quietly to herself: “She is not her anymore. If you are going to step in the pack’s way, don’t forget what I can do.”

In the rush to get away from Zach, I stepped on someone. My head popped up, and saw that it was Alex. Before I could say sorry to him, I tripped again and bumped into the person standing beside him. That person caught me and helped me to my feet. I mumbled: “Thank you.” Then I stood up to see who it was.

The figure standing before me was completely a stranger but horribly familiar. However, I couldn’t remember where I had seen him. Perhaps in a dream or a long time ago where my memories didn’t go as far.

The teenage boy standing in front of me was absolutely handsome, glittering with inhuman beauty. He was as attractive as Zach, and the part which caught me to tighten with fear is his eyes. One of his eyes was a cool bright blue, the other is red. Even brighter than the color of my lace. Although its color was not as crimson as Zach’s, and it was more like a flame red, I thought that I instantly knew his identity. It was hard to stare away from his eye. It was like I was being watched by a carnivorous flower. I couldn’t move away.

Just then, my best human friend came up just in time. “Adele, where have you been? I have been looking for you all over this place.” I moved away from my position, went to her and moved my lips, hardly making any noise: “Amy, who is he?”

Amy looked. By her stunned expression, I realized that she had no idea. That was strange, and dangerous. The village was so small that I knew almost everyone, and I obviously wouldn’t miss someone like him.

The boy smiled, and said in velvet, music-like voice, with a little accent: “Hello, my name is Kerwin.  Nice to meet you. By the way, I’m sorry for scaring you.”

Chapter 2!  Fun :)  Comment, rate and subscribe.