morning glory | Sabo

General information:

Sabo x Male!Reader [Modern AU]

warning(s): none, just fluff fluff fluff

reader info: the reader will go by he/him/his pronouns.

word count: 2018

other info: modern au! please note that this is also posted on my quotev and deviantart. this is not beta read, so please excuse me if you see any mistakes.

Picture belongs to whalemarch on tumblr
-

Spending days and weekends over at your boyfriend’s had now become your solution for everything.

Bad day at work? The rest of the day would be spent cuddling in Sabo’s bed until you fell asleep in his warm embrace, comforting you and reassuring you that he would still be there when you woke up.

Sensory overload and a stressful day in general? Sabo would welcome you into his familiar embrace as you two snuggled on the loveseat and watched bad movies with his two brothers, laughing at the horrible acting and graphics and sharing hidden kisses underneath the blanket covering your entwined bodies.

Wanting to escape your parents dropping by and complaining over your life choices? When you walked into Sabo & cos'. shared house, the warmth of welcoming smiles and the lovely smell of delicious cooking would surround you and invade every sense, making every doubt, insecurity and anxiety vanish immediately and your heart swell with love and affection.

Ace and Luffy were hardly shocked to find you puttering around in the kitchen anymore, preparing a wonderful and cosy breakfast for the four of you to enjoy together. In fact, Sabo’s brothers actually looked forward to your visits, knowing delicious meals and amusing stories about their brother laid ahead. Of course, they also enjoyed your company, and though they never said it directly, they saw and knew how happy you made Sabo which was the most important thing in their eyes.

You two were perfect for each other and constantly brought the best out of each other. You were Sabo’s light and joy, whereas he was your solid pillar of support and warmth.

This morning was no different and you never felt more blessed than waking up in your boyfriend’s arms, feeling his relaxed breath tickle your neck as warm sunrays shone down on your sleeping forms.

The difficult part, however, was to actually separate your body from Sabo’s and pry his arms of your torso. You wanted nothing more than to laze around in bed all day with your adorable boyfriend, but you also wanted to make a lovely breakfast for the brothers to wake up to.

Managing to turn around to face the sleeping male behind you, your heart did an unexpected but welcoming leap of love and joy as your eyes fell upon Sabo’s relaxed and asleep expression. The morning sun lightened up his mature and sharp features beautifully and made him seem like a reincarnation of Adonis himself even with his scarred complexion.

No worried or troubled feelings scrunched up his face and furrowed his brows, his light-pink lips were barely parted, and his warm breath was no ghosting over your collarbone as his chest expanded and decreased with every inhale and exhale. The golden locks of his, slightly messed up by sleep and other and more intimate activities, covered some of his scar and eyes as it shone like gold in the morning light.

Kissing him softly on the temple and gently removing his strong grip from your waist, you slowly made your way out of the bed you wished you one day could call yours. Quickly making sure the duvet still covered your sleeping beauty, you picked up one of the closest clothing articles to throw on and a smile spread over your lips as the familiar fabric of Sabo’s shirt met against your (s/c) skin.