sneaky snake kisses | Gin Ichimaru

General information:

Gin Ichimaru x Male!Reader [Modern AU]

warning(s): language?

reader info: the reader will go by he/him/his pronouns.

word count: 1829

other info: this work is a modern au, meaning it's not following the manga/anime. please note that this is also posted on my quotev and tumblr. this is not beta read, so please excuse me if you see any mistakes.

Keys:
(f/d) = favourite drink
e/c) = eye colour

“Toshirou,” You spat out between clenched teeth while feeling yourself clench your fists tightly until they turned an unhealthy shade of white. The urge to punch the supposedly friend in front of you had never been bigger.

His ice-cold eyes did not once flinch nor avert themselves from your angered ones. This just fuelled your anger even more, seeing as he was completely unaffected by your heated gaze and harsh words.

How dared he question and doubt you?

“Toshirou,” You started again, but in a calmer tone. “I’m flattered,” You forced yourself to spit out, “really, that you’re concerned about me and my relationship.”

He just blinked in response without cracking his usual facial expressionless expression. You sighed mentally at that. This whole situation he managed to mix together would have been so much easier to handle if he had handled everything in a much more mature way, not to mention if he had not been so blunt about the wild accusations he just threw in your face regarding your relationship with your boyfriend Gin Ichimaru. At the end of the day, you knew he was showing his concern and the fact that he cared about you, but you also knew how intolerant he was and how much he disliked you boyfriend. When the two of you had gotten together he was the only one who was against you being a couple.

Toshirou had always been one of your closest friends and it hurt so much seeing how much your dear friend was against your boyfriend. You knew about Gin’s past and how he had managed to get himself messed up within the wrong crowd, but that was in the past and it was before you met Gin. Gin had been open about that since day one, which you appreciated so much. His openness and trust meant a lot to you and it was important in a healthy relationship. And then there was the fact that Gin still felt guilty about what he had done and been involved with. That part of his past was something he loathed about himself and kept beating himself up for. Which was more than enough proof for you to forgive him and think about it as the past.

It hurt knowing Toshirou couldn’t forgive him. You didn’t know every detail from his side, but you knew somewhere along the lines he had been hurt by Gin’s former ‘friends’. However, Toshirou out of everyone should more than know how people could indeed change. So, why was he so obsessed with Gin being the bad guy in the picture? It almost seemed as if he wanted Gin to be the scapegoat.

“However,” You swallowed down your angry tears and the urge to scream your lungs out. “I can’t forgive you for accusing Gin of abusing me, where in the wide world did come up with such an idea?” The hurt that showed on your face must have been so apparent for Toshirou to avert his harsh eyes from your wounded and rage-filled ones.

“Until you’re able to admit you’re in the wrong here, then this is goodbye, Toshirou.” You finished, giving in to the tears. Warmth ran down your anger-flushed cheeks as you quietly yet quickly stood up from your chair to exit the bar without turning around to get a glimpse of the certain someone you thought you could call a friend. However, you did manage to conceal your chocked sobs and hiccups to when you finally were outside in the cold evening atmosphere.