you reek! | Roronoa Zoro

General information:

Alpha!Roronoa Zoro x Alpha!Male!Reader

warning(s): language??

reader info: the reader will go by he/him/his pronouns. the reader is also an alpha (omegaverse)

word count: 3445

other info: this work is not following the manga/anime, but it exists in the same universe. this is also set in the omegaverse au, were everyone has a secondary gender. more notes about the oneshot in the description. please note that this is also posted on my quotev. this is not beta read, so please excuse me if you see any mistakes.

or my failed attempt at writing 5 + 1 times when the straw hat pirates notice a change in the reader's and zoro's scents not considering the fact that they might be dating because they're both alphas.

I. Sanji

Surprisingly enough, it was Sanji who first noticed the change in your scent. It was a regular morning on Sunny and you had just entered the kitchen to ask the said cook if he needed any assistance.

"Good morning," You said as you walked towards the working station, stretching some to get rid of the tiredness. Sanji was already doing preparations for the breakfast, but when he turned to you the only response you got was him scrunching up his nose instead his usual 'good morning, [Male Name].'

"Woah," He covered his nose with one hand and sent you a weird look. "Control your pheromones, will ya?" Sanji ushered you out of the kitchen area with that, adding that there was no way in hell he could make any food with your strong scent messing with his nose and taste buds.

This left you quite puzzled. Having presented as an alpha years ago, you had learned to keep your alpha scent and pheromones under good control and you never used it as a method of intimidation nor domination. Or so you thought.

Though it was weird, your scent shouldn't be a bother for anyone in the crew especially since you took suppressants for your ruts. It was even weirder that Sanji, an average beta, could pick up on your scent that easily. Betas, contrary to alphas and omegas, didn't have the same gifted nose for scenting potential mates. [1]

It's not like I presented yesterday... Despite how weird the encounter was, you brushed it off not wanting it to bother you for the rest of the day.

Deciding that a shower was a good idea, to get rid of any unwanted and strong smell, but also to refresh yourself, you headed towards the huge bath knowing that it would be empty. Both Nami and Robin were early birds and enjoyed their own privacy, so they usually took their time getting ready before the rest of the crew had woken up.

It was a clear morning and you had the feeling that this day would be spent relaxing and enjoying a rare calm moment on the Sunny Go.

Not bothering to hurry much, you enjoyed the warm sea breeze swiping over the deck and it seemed like a familiar green haired swordsman did the same. Zoro was in his usual position with his three katanas by his side and seemed to be dozing off in the morning sun.

Flicking his forehead ever so gently, you laughed at his confused expression as he opened his eye.

"Don't fall asleep, sleepyhead." You flicked his forehead once more for fun which earned you a 'tch' and him slapping your hands away as he grumbled in annoyance. However, he didn't close his eye again and instead rose up and stretched- which you counted as a win.