16) Final Dream

"This is it!" Screaming, she threatened me to stay back away from her.
I couldn't let her do this again.
"Tell me please, let me save you."
"It's not be who you want to save, Dahyun." As her figure changed as a flash of lightning came.

Momo...

"You can't be safe if I'm always around you." She started to tremble, her eyes filled with tears and her movements became shorter.

"Let me in and I'll be with you always." I reached out my hand and slowly walked.
"But I don't want you to die because of me." She was about to fall backwards.
"I'll die for you to live." I ran towards her and grabbed her arm as she started to fall, with all my might I held onto the ledge.

We were hanging off the edge with me trying to pull her up.
"Let go!" She shouted and I didn't.
I pulled and I pulled with all my strength so she could get to safety.
"Please, do what I say!" I demanded as I got her to the ledge and that's when she pulled herself up.
The girl tugged my arm, she was trying to get me up.

"Come on." She still kept tugging.
I just looked at her, knowing what was best.
"W-Why aren't you moving?" She asked.
"Because—Because I'm sorry."
I could see the distress on her face.
"N-No..."

Suddenly, I just let go. This was for her.
This was for her daughter.
This is for you... Momo.

I woke up nauseated, I slept too late and I still smelt like rain. But the thought of Momo yesterday night, made me smile. I got to see her again, though she kept blaming herself for putting me in a dangerous situation. It's not her fault.

That... dream. Why did it feel real? Mrs Hirai?
I suppressed those dreams, but when she changed into Momo, everything felt surreal. I felt I was falling and that last glimpse of her face was the only thing I saw.
Why haven't I noticed?
Could it be a prediction?
No. Stop. Let's not think of it.

I shook myself wild awake and got ready for school.
.
.
.
It continued to rain just like yesterday, this was the dullest days of the year. I had to use my other umbrella since I gave my favourite one to Momo, I never regretted giving her it. It's like a piece to remember me.
"Kim Dahyun!" I heard the short girl call for me as she stood with Tzuyu who was holding an umbrella between the two.
"Morning."
"Let's go in before we freeze to death." Tzuyu shivered.

We got inside with our drenched umbrellas, all students were waiting inside for the bell to ring for their home rooms.
We sat down at our seats, talked for a while and gradually fall into silence.
It was boring.
It was empty.

"Wow, look at that umbrella, it's so bright." I heard one of the students sigh in awe.
A bunch of other students gathered around the window.
"What's so special about a bright umbrella?" Tzuyu asked.
"Doesn't hurt to look."
As soon as Chaeyoung finished her sentence, we all got up and looked outside.

There was an umbrella that stood out of all the others, an apricot and neon magenta coloured one.
"That looks like yours, Dahyun." Tzuyu said.
The person under it, Momo.
When she stopped in front of the school, she leant the umbrella backwards. I saw her eyes look up as she saw mine.
Faintly, she smiled.
"That's Momo." Chaeyoung gasped.
Momo continued inside and the students began to quieten down.
"It's either you have her that umbrella or she got the same exact one you have." Tzuyu crossed her arms.
"That umbrella is one in a million." I replied before sitting back in my place.

"Save her." I suddenly heard.
"What did you say?" I asked as I looked over the two girls.
"Nothing, we didn't say anything."
They looked at me weirdly.
I must've misheard something.
.
.
.
Soon enough, it was lunch.
I wanted to sleep, but I already got this far without passing out.
I haven't talked to the Japanese trio in a while, they do give me quick smiles and waves, that's it.
Momo was never with them when I go past, she's been careful so that I would live longer. She's really good at avoiding me, I'll give her that.

"You okay?" Nayeon asked as she rubbed my arm.
I responded quietly, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Save her." I heard.

"Did you say something?" Frantically I looked around at my friends who looked very confused.
"No." Chaeyoung replied.

"Go to her."

"There, do you hear it?"
"What are you talking about?" Jihyo asked concerned.
Chaeyoung placed her hand on my shoulder.
"Are you okay? You've been hearing things since this morning."

They can't hear it?
I stopped and listened to it closely.

"Save her. Go to her."

That's when it hit me.
"I have to go to the toilets." I stood up and paced my way down the corridor to the toilets.
I carefully checked each stall and checked outside if anyone was going in. Luckily no one was around.
Once I got to one of the mirrors, I tried to listen to the voice again.

I started myself at the mirror
Come on Kim Dahyun. Focus.

A flash of blinding light shot at me and once I opened my eyes I wasn't in the girls toilets.
I was in my dream.

Right in front of me was Mrs Hirai.
"Mrs Hirai?" I spoke, unnerving to move.
"We meet again Kim Dahyun."