6) Sense Of Avoidance

It's been about 1 week since Momo's mom's death. In between that week, we attended her funeral.
All her family, friends and people from our school came and gave their respect. It was nice to see people supporting Momo now that it's just her and her dad.
There, she was getting better, but it made me feel weird since of what happened at her house. It was like she rejected me in some ways.

Just like she acting after the funeral service, she never looked at me in the eye and every time I tried to talk to her she would say she was sorry.
I've noticed that she kept looking at her wrist and staring at other people when she's in close range.
I should give her time, she's gone through a lot.
.
.
.
Today was any other day. This was the first day that Momo came back for school.
I sat down in my seat with my two best friends leaning in towards me.
"School project is out, my house first?" Chaeyoung insisted.
"Cool." Tzuyu stuck out a thumbs up.
"I'll catch up, I have to get ready with the school council." I said.
"That's okay, you guys better come up with something exciting for the music festival." Both Chaeyoung and Tzuyu chuckled.

The bell rang and we instantly went to the cafeteria to go and meet the others.
When we got there, I already knew someone was missing.
"Where's Momo?" I asked.
"She's somewhere, she left before the lesson finished." Mina answered.
The girls had sadness in their eyes, they were worried about her.

"I'm going to look for her." But before I could leave, someone grabbed my arm.
"Dahyun, please be careful. She's doesn't want to see you." Sana whispered in my ear.
"W-Why?"
"She said that something may go wrong when you're near her."
She let go and I couldn't believe what she said. That's not true, she would never want e to go away.

With my head all the round the place, I began to search for Momo. I checked the toilets, the classroom, the school roof and everywhere inside the school. That's when I though she was outside.
Near the back of the school, there was a large window overlooking the garden and that's when I found her. Sitting, mourning and silent, she was staying there not moving an inch.

As quickly as I could, I went downstairs and over to the school gardens.
What do I do?
If she doesn't want me near her, what do I do?
"Please..." Momo begged.
I listened as she put both her hands together.
"Please... let her live... she doesn't deserve to die..."

What is she talking about?
Is someone else dying?

"Let her time grow, and let mine decrease." She began to sob, putting her head in her hands.
I was stupid in that moment, I didn't go up to her. I left her just broken in the garden.
Momo... I love you, but you don't want o be near me.

You're not telling me something.
What are you hiding?

The bell rang again and I went to my class.
.
.
.
I was already in the school council room still waiting for the older girls to arrive. In that time, I still thinking of her, Momo.
I could've done something to help, I could've been there for her.
But I was worried from what Sana said.

"She said that something may go wrong when you're near her."

I don't understand. I want to understand, but I can't.
The door opened as I finished my thoughts.
"Dahyun, you're here already." The leader smiled.
"Yeah, I'm just excited because of the music festival." I fake a smile.
"That's a good thing since a lot of people would like to play." Jihyo and the others placed down piles of paper with names of people who were participating.
"We need to organise the set and the instruments." Jeongyeon said.

"I've already got it sorted with my parents, we need volunteers to set up and clean up." Replied I.
The girls were impressed.
"Nice, then that means we've already sorted who's volunteering, a bunch of people offered." Nayeon handed me the list of names.

Jeon Jungkook
Lee Jinhoon
Kim Jisoo
Park Chanyeol

But wait...
"Son Chaeyoung?" I cheekily smiled.
"Yes, she apparently want to have extra credit." Nayeon rolled her eyes.
"Of course she does, I'm going to have a word with her." I gave back the list to Nayeon as Jeongyeon gave me a list for themes.

"Rock, jazz, blues, classical." I read out.
"Yep, that's apparently the theme some people want."
"Why couldn't it be casual?" I questioned.
"Everyone wants a theme, just like the prom." Nayeon said.
That gave me an idea.
"We could allow students to go in their favourite music genre."
The girls nodded and smiled.
"That's not a bad idea." Jeongyeon replied.
"Good job Kim." Nayeon said as she patted my back.

"It's settled, every student can dress up as anything." Jihyo announced as the other two girls began to go through the papers to enlist them on the program in order of the performances.
Jihyo pulled me aside and she looked worried.
"Are you okay?" She asked which made me confused, but I know what she was talking about.
"What gave it away?" I asked.
Jihyo smiled faintly, "I mean you were actually concentrating for once without thinking of Momo. Did you see her at lunch?"

I hesitated to answer.
"Yes."
"Then what did she say?"
"I didn't go up to her, I left her sit on her own." I replied.
"Why?"
"Because—Because of what Momo said to Sana."
Jihyo was taken aback.
"Oh...right." Jihyo spoke, "Give her time, she just needs to recollect."
"I'm doing that." I headed to the door before Jihyo answered once more.
"And Dahyun, do what Sana says."

I left without responding only because I won't stay away from her. I don't care what happens to me, I want Momo to be happy even if I get hurt.
Just let me in again.