7) Unfortunate Stranger

The next day came and when I looked at the clock, I surprised I woke up this early.
It was probably because of Momo, I... don't know what to do.

I got dressed and walked to school, I've already told Tzuyu and Chaeyoung that I'm going to meet with the school council early at school so there was no need for Chaeyoung to scream in my ear to wake up.

The fact was that I was never early for school, surprising since I'm an straight A student. It was had to believe that the school was quiet, it was always filled with students screaming.
It was soothing in a way.
But what made me stop in my tracks, what I saw can only be described as a broken girl.

"M-Momo..." I whispered to myself as she was sitting on one of the benches just like she was yesterday.
Beside her were her friends, Sana looked back and she walked towards my way. Then she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the school.
"Is... Momo okay?" I instantly asked.
"No... she misses you." She replied whilst looking at the floor.
"Then I should go to her—." But Sana pulled me back.

"Remember what I said."
"What does it mean?"
I watched as Sana sighed, "I don't know fully, but she doesn't want you to get hurt."
"But why...?"
"She said she's been having dreams, saying that her time grows whilst the other dies."
I stepped back and recollect my thoughts.
"You just have to be careful, okay?" Sana assured me.
"Okay."

When Sana went back to the two girls, I had my opportunity to stop by Momo's locker. I was still early to go to the council room.
The night before I wrote a letter to Momo, if I couldn't see her, at least I could write to her how I feel.

We're still far apart, it feels like I can't talk to you,
I want to see you, but you said I can't.
This doesn't stop me from loving you,
I'm not asking for answers, I just want you to be happy.
I love you, Momo.

Leaving the letter in her locker was making me anxious, I don't know how she'll react. It's too hard to tell now.
I held a deep sigh and continued to go the council room in which I was the first one there again. If this becomes a habit, the others will surly think something is wrong with me.

I waited around 30 minutes just for Jihyo to arrive, she almost dropped her papers from seeing me in there.
"You're early, again." She gasped as she put down her papers.
"I know."
I could see on her face that she knew something was wrong with me, I fiddled my hands as she came over to me.
Putting her hands on my shoulder, she spoke softly, "I'll be here if you need help."
"I... thanks Jihyo."

It's been 10 minutes and the other two came in, like Jihyo they were shocked yet happy to see me. I won't get into details, but we were still planning about the music festival.
.
.
.
The day went quick, quicker than usual. I didn't even remember half of the things I did, I was only thinking of how she was doing.
What if I...?
No, that's stupid, not again.
But it's possible— NO!
I'm not doing this again, I won't follow her home, not what happened last time.

I kept fighting with myself and finally made up her mind. I will see if she's okay, just when she's going out of school and that's when I'll leave her own her own again. I waited outside next to the school building, when the doors opened...

There she was, the love of my life. She was alone when she was walking, her friends were elsewhere. Her walks became shorter and her posture has become hunched. What's happening Hirai Momo?
When she got to the entrance, I started to walked ever so behind her, looking at my phone and glancing up to her.

I noticed that she was staring at her wrist once again.
Then, she stopped at the end of the street. I quickly hid behind a car and peered out to see a man, maybe not older, but he was tall and daring.

As I watched as he tapped on Momo's shoulder, he grabbed onto her arm and pulled her into an alley way.
Filled with anger and confidence, I had to get her out of there. She's not safe, I just know it.
I stopped at the corner of a building, I heard what they were saying.

"It's nice to see you again." The guy said.
"What do you want to now, BamBam?" Momo looked away as he chuckled.
"Well, I met with Mark and he wants to say hi."

Wait—Mark?! Isn't that the stranger who was harassing Momo?
This bitch, he better keep his hands off of her.
"Tell him to go and rot in that jail cell!" Momo screamed.
"Hey!" He pushed her against the wall.
Momo tried to strike him, but he caught her hand.
"You think I'm dumb?"
She didn't reply, instead she spat on his face.

"You son of a—." Instantly, he grabbed her hair and threw her to the ground.
What the heck?!
"HEY!" I shouted and stepped out of my hiding place.
The guy grinned and cracked his knuckles. I saw Momo's face, filled with fear, shaking her head at me.
"Get away from her!"
"You're that famous daughter right, what was it? Oh... Kim Daeun, right?" He mocked me.
"It's Dahyun." I curled my fist.

"Now, get away from her." I repeated, but he chuckled once again.
"Or what, you're going to get your bodyguards on me?"
"I don't have bodyguards." I answered.
"Good." He smiled, "Then it's easy for me then."

I stepped back, but it was too late when grabbed my shirt and swipe a punch on my left cheek and then pushed me onto the ground.
"Dahyun!" Momo screamed.
The stranger squatted down and poked at the side of my head.
"You've really got the whitest skin, it's almost too pure to touch." He sniggered, "Too bad it's ruined by your blood."

He chuckled, but then he was smiling after one of the students caught him.
"It's-It's Dahyun! H-Help!" He shouted when a few more students came and blocked the way out, leaving the stranger helpless.
A police officer came over to see what was happening.
"Hey! What's going on here?!" He shouted as he scanned at all of us as she stopped at me, he freaked out.

"Oh my! Miss Kim!"
BamBam, or whatever his name was, stuck up his hands as the police officer walked forwards. He was scared for sure and it was kind of satisfying.
He was taken out of the alleyway to be questioned, there was another police car just as  Momo came up and held my hand.
"Miss Kim, are you alright? We can take you to the hospital." One of them said.
I shook my head and thanked for the offer.

"We need both of you to make a statement tomorrow if that's okay."
We both nodded, I looked at Momo who was again distracted by my neck. I'm now wondering if she's a vampire or she really likes my neck.
I was going to let go out of Momo's grip, but she held tighter and pulled me closer.
"Wait! Don't let go. Please." She begged.

I did what she said, she looked like she was going to cry.
"I'll stay with you." I said.
She smiled sweetly and leant on my arm.
I didn't want her to go and she wanted me to stay. I felt happy again to be with her.