9) Would You Stay?

There was that girl again, standing at the edge of the building. She looked over the edge and I stood back.
I looked further out to see the sights of the bright city, she was going to leave this world. I am going to help her.
I knew she was going to jump.
"I'm sorry." She said just like before.
I had to jump in, I just need to save her.

She was somehow connected with me in some way, I had to save her to be... to be... with her again...

Quickly, I ran over to the girl. She pushed off of her feet and started to fall. I wanted to grab her arm, but it was already too late.
I'm sorry.

Saturday morning, I can finally relax after a works of school and planning the music festival. Yet I still have to wake up early since we planned to have the set up crew to start with the venue settings.

It was already 7:30 and I didn't want to get out of bed.
It wasn't because I was tired, I was rethinking what Momo said yesterday.
Just as we came up to her home:

"I wanted to protect you."
"From... what?"
Momo sighed deeply and faintly smiled.
"From me."

I was left speechless, shocked even. What does she mean?
Protecting me from her?
Now that dream I just had once again, it felt so real. I couldn't save her, not now.
Let's just get up for now, I need to freshen up.

I left my house at 8:45 and wouldn't you know, Momo was waiting for me outside.
"Morning Dahyun." She smiled.
"Why... how? You're here?" I said.
She pulled my arm so she could be beside me.
"Yeah, couldn't wait to go to the venue."
I was more concerned why she was outside so early, and also she's become more clingy which I'm not complaining about.

We got up the road and saw that Chaeyoung was standing on her own.
She seemed tired and weary, she had her back hunched as she gradually closed her eyes shut.
"Hey Chaeyoung!" I rudely shouted as it made her jump out of fright, yes it was mean, but we both have a job to do today.
"Oh... hey." The short girl tried to smile as she erected her back.
"What happened to, you look dreadful." Momo spoke.

"Thanks Mina... I just slept late last night." She sighed deeply.
"You mean Momo—."
"Yes, I was with Mina..." Somehow the girl started to bawl her eyes out into my chest, such a strange friend I have.
"Momo, can you call a taxi."

Whilst Chaeyoung seeps into a deeper sleep, we finally got to the venue where everyone who was needed was there. Just Chaeyoung isn't waking up.
Momo and I had to carry the short-stack into the venue like if she was drunk.
The school council team were not impressed.

"What happened now?" Jihyo crossed her arms.
"Chaeyoung didn't have enough sleep and past out onto my lap." I explained.
"Wow, okay?" Jeongyeon shook her head in confusion.
"Leave her by one of the chairs, she'll have to wake up sometime." Nayeon went over to the set up team.

We left her by one of the chairs that was left out. Carefully, we laid her body in a comfortable position and left her there to sleep I suppose.
Jeongyeon came over and handed me a check board list.
"This is what we need to get down today, first the tables and chairs, second the decoration to be hung up and lastly to set up the instruments."

"I understand. Is the set up team ready?" I asked.
"Jihyo is getting them set, we just need to guide them a bit." Jeongyeon walked off to the group.

As Momo stood by me, I suddenly remember what she said to me again.

"I wanted to protect you."
"From... what?"
Momo sighed deeply and faintly smiled.
"From me."

I wanted to ask her, but it seemed really personal. I have to though.

"About yesterday." I started.
"Yes?" She directly faced me with a smile.
"What did you mean you were protecting me from you? Are you sick in some way?" I panicked.
"Yes..." She answered.
"What?!" Frantically, I was about to grab my phone when she chuckled.
"I'm love sick." Momo gave the cheekiest smile that anyone could've made, why does this girl make me blush all the time?

"Ha ha, very funny." I rolled my eyes.
"But the reason was that maybe these bad things are happening are because of me." She said.
"What? Why do you say that?"
"My mom's sickness and death, you taking the blow twice, your life deple—." She stopped mid-sentence.
"Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I'm bad luck."

I wrapped my arms around her.
"No you're not, your mom's sickness and death was not because of you, me taking the hit— it's because I loved you. Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault."
Momo nodded her head slowly, "Thanks, but there are things that I have to be blamed for."

She held onto me tighter and softly kissed me on the lips.
"I blame myself because I fell for you. Now I have to face the consequences if I lose you."
"You won't lose me, I'll be with you... always."
"84. Would you stay with me until 84 years are up?" Momo gazed upon my neck once again.
"I would stay more that 84 years."

Momo faintly smiled as she nuzzled into my neck.
I will stay with you Hirai Momo, even if I die, I would still find you.