Invisible Ties Part 2

Shirou POV

*Basilio enters*

Basilio: Don't you put any stock in this destiny hogwash! Let the dead whine about their fate... As long as I draw breath, I choose to keep fighting! That's what life is all about!

Lucina: Khan Basilio! I-I thought... We all thought you were—

Basilio: Worm food, back in Valm? It almost went that way. But I scraped by, thanks to you.

Lucina: I don't understand.

Basilio: Once I took a couple hits from Walhart, I knew he was too strong for me. Normally pride would've had me dead before I'd even thought twice about it. But your warning gave me the courage to be a coward, hah ha! I played dead like a big, bald opossum! It wasn't hard. In truth I almost WAS dead. You saved my life, Lucina. Had you not said anything... I'd have stood my ground against that monster and died on the spot.

Lucina: Oh, Basilio!

Validar: This...does...not...MATTER! If you didn't die there, then you can die HERE!

Basilio: Hah! You're no Walhart, snake eyes! Not as strong, or even as clever... For example: you STILL haven't realized that you've been tricked.

Validar: What?!

Basilio: Robin predicted everything that would happen here. She saw it in a dream. Saw this very fight with you.

Validar: If you think—

Basilio: Guess what else was in the dream? The five Gemstones. When Flavia gave my stone to Chrom, Robin saw what fate had in store. She knew Chrom couldn't bring the real Gemstones here to Plegia. That would be like swinging a big, juicy steak right in front of destiny's choppers!

Validar: Gya ha ha! A worthy bluff, Feroxi fool, but ridiculous all the same. I've had your merry little band watched since Carrion Isle. Your every move! So I know Robin hasn't touched the stones—she hasn't been near them!

Basilio: You watched our party, yes—the members your men knew about; the live ones. But they weren't watching dead men, were they? ...They weren't watching me.

Validar: I... No, that's not—

Basilio: Heh, looks like it might be finally starting to sink in...

Validar: That is not possible! These have to be... They must be...

Basilio: Why? Because of...DESTINY? PAH ha ha! Robin had your destiny beat days ago, when Shirou, Davis & her came up with this plan. The expression on your face...it makes all those long nights in hiding worth it. Hah!

Validar: Damn you! Damn you to all the hells! None of this matters! Chrom is dead! Your fates sealed! Grima will— ...Eh?

*Robin attacks Validar & Chrom stands up*

Validar: No...

Lucina: Father! You're alive!

Chrom: Robin...spared me... She weakened her magic...just before the strike...

Robin: ......

Validar: GRAAAAAAGH! Damn you all, & your stones! I won't need them to kill you!

Chrom: Ready to end this, Robin?

Robin: Let's do it. I'm ready to see what our true future has in store.

Chrom: We will. Now. Together.

*Barrier shatters & Validar warps to his troops; Flavia enters*

Basilio: Chrom! Robin! We're yours to command!