Foreseer Part 1

Shirou POV

It had been several hours since the fight with Archer & all of my wounds were healed considering they were minor. It was now night in Ylisstol & I was walking through the outer hallways with Robin & Artoria while thinking.

Robin: Are you all right Shirou?

Shirou: Yeah... just thinking about earlier.

Artoria: Are you certain that Archer didn't do anything to you?

Shirou: Yes Artoria, I'm fine... *Looks over into the courtyard* Is that Chrom over there?

*The three of you walk over to Chrom*

Chrom: *Sigh*

Robin: Chrom? What are you doing out so late?

Chrom: Oh, hi you three. Just... dueling with some unpleasant thoughts... Tomorrow we march to Regna Ferox to request additional soldiers. But there's something you should know first. ...Not everything Gangrel said was a lie. The last exalt, my father, waged war on Plegia for many years. The violence... It was a brutal campaign, ending only with his death 15 years ago. Plegia rightfully remembers their suffering, but his war was no kinder to his own people. As the fighting dragged on, out army became more & more diminished. Farmers who could barely wield a pitchfork were conscripted & sent to their deaths. Soon there was no food at all, & the kingdom began to collapse. I was young, but I remember those dark times. ...I know how they affected Emmeryn.

Artoria: Such an experience would change anyone.

Chrom: Indeed. When our father died before her 10th year, he left her quite the legacy... Plegia's desire for vengeance... Our own people's unbridled rage... My sister became a target for blame on all sides. Her own subjects began to hurl insults—& stones. She still bears the scar from one... But she never let them see her pain. Only Lissa and I understood.

Shirou: It must have been so hard...

Chrom: I cannot claim to know how she does it, Shirou. I could not greet such hostility with warmth & patience. While our people mocked & vilified her, she reached out & healed them. She brought soldiers home to their families. She ended the war. & when Ylisse's spirit was mended & the people "forgave" her? ...She never resented them for it. She represents the best part of the halidom—the part most worth protecting. She IS peace. But some men would take advantage of that. Men like King Gangrel. The day he understands peace will be the day death gives it to him. ...So perhaps I must be death's agent. Emmeryn would never order him killed, nor would I wish her to.

Marth: Well spoken, sir.

*Marth & Siegfried walk into view, along with another individual who appears to be a knight in white armor with red accents & a large sword*

Chrom: Marth...

Siegfried: What am I, chopped liver?

Shirou: Hey Siegfried.