A Man for Flowers

Shirou POV

Shirou: *Huff, huff* Why do mountains... have to... be so steep?

Olivia: Here. Have some water.

Shirou: Thank you, Olivia. You're a lifesaver.

Olivia: Oh, hardly. I just flail around & pretend to dance, mostly. Anyway, I've started looking for new ways to be useful.

Shirou: Your dancing is spectacular! It never fails to pick me up.

Olivia: Ha! I dance like a ham someone rolled down the stairs. Just thinking of people watching me makes me cringe...

Chrom: We're near the bandit's camp, Shirou. They've ravaged surrounding towns with impunity for too long. It ends today.

Shirou: Right

*Scene transitions to a gray-haired man & a brigand*

Gray-Haired Man: Not today, rogue!

Brigand: Nraugh!

Gray-Haired Man: All safe now, buttercup.

Maiden: I-Inigo?!

Inigo: The crying part is over, love. Now give us a smile. And perhaps a wink if a fellow can be greedy?

Maiden: Inigo, you stupid fool! That bandit you slew has---

Inigo: Dozens of friends who will be terribly cross with me? Aye. Worry not! I'll mop up the lot of them and be back in time for tea.

Maiden: You mustn't! They'll kill you!

Inigo: Ho ho! Don't be silly. I'd never let anyone ruin this perfect face. Surely you want them gone as well, yes? So that you may rebuild in peace?

Maiden: Of course, but...

Inigo: Then let us have no more frowns! A smile like yours is not a treasure to be locked in the king's dungeons! I'll meet you in town once I've sorted those pesky bandits. Perhaps then we can discuss my... reward. Ho ho!

*Scene transitions back to the main group*

Chrom: Their hold is just ahead. It should be... Wait, what's that? Gods, that man is fighting them alone. Come, let's lend him a hand!

*Shirou approaches the man*

Shirou: You all right?

Inigo: Me? Hah! It takes more than that to wound a rogue this charming! Now then, who are you? Not an enemy, it seems.

Shirou: I'm Shirou, vice-leader of the Shepherds. We came to deal with the bandits, so it appears our purpose is shared.

Inigo: Shirou?! Then you...You're my father.

Shirou: What? You, too?!

Inigo: Then you've already met Davis & Mordred?!

Shirou: Yes, they're with us now.