Disowned by Time

Shirou POV

It's been a day since we found out about how Lucina, Davis & Mordred came from the future & that there were others besides them who had come back. Chrom & I then decided that before we continued our conflict with Valm, we would go to a few spots on the continent first in order to see if we could find anything that could give us an advantage; Future kids included.

We were currently on our way to the Ruins of Time, where there is rumored to be an item called Naga's Tear, which supposedly boost the power of whoever uses it by a considerable degree. As we were walking along, I noticed that there was a strange symbol on Davis' right hand, so I asked him about it.

 As we were walking along, I noticed that there was a strange symbol on Davis' right hand, so I asked him about it

(Imagine this symbol, but purple)

Shirou: What're those markings on your hand Davis?

Davis: They're called Dead Count Command Seals, they're an extension of the Fell Grimoire's power & I first obtained them after Archer died.

Shirou: What do they do?

Davis: I can use one to perform a feat I would normally be unable to, such as drastically increase my abilities temporarily or grant my access to a very specific piece of information, however their most powerful use involves souls.

Shirou: How so?

Davis: You recall when Archer dissipated into light which then entered my body? That was when I gained his soul, this is a result of the particular magic the Grimoire possess. It is referred to as Fell Dragon Slayer Magic, however since it is only within the Grimoire, I have limited access without using a Command Seal. Back on topic, arguably the most useful & powerful ability of the Command Seals is to allow me to temporarily access the powers of whoever's souls are within my body. However I can only use three of them per fight, luckily enough for me that I get them all back after said fight...

Shirou: Well... those certainly sound like they come in handy...

Davis: Yes... however we should focus on getting to the Ruins of Time, considering how it has high temporal properties, It's probably safe to assume that at least one of the others from my time has arrived there at some point.

Shirou: Let's get going then!

??? POV

We were shot out of the time portal rather abruptly & Morgan got hit on the head pretty hard, so I was worried when she didn't wake up for a while, but then she started to stir & it looked like she was waking up.