Chapter 19

Water churned before Wolfstar as he sat beside the lake shore, gazing out into the dark, murky depths. It reminded him of blood. The blood he was going to force out of his very own sister. He couldn't even stand the thought of her anymore, he had built up so much hatred toward Brokengaze.

As Wolfstar stared out at the black water, lost in his troubling thoughts, he didn't realize the water level rising. It sucked at his paws, making the skinny tom leap backward in distaste. But the black liquid kept stretching toward him farther and farther. A familiar tangy scent slammed into Wolfstar's nostrils as the water became blood, thick and maleficent as it gurgled with each movement. The black and white tom grew frightened when his back came to a tree.

The dark blood approached him horrifically slow once it had him cornered, licking at his paws, demanding to suffocate him to death.

Wolfstar spotted a large mass floating in the liquid, slowly making it's way to him. He gasped in terror when he saw his own lifeless body before him, bleeding from the empty eye sockets endlessly.

"No... No!" Wolfstar wailed into the achingly quiet world, tasting bile in his throat as the blood surrounded his silhouette. It moaned and swished sickening noises as it started to seek up Wolfstar's body, covering his entire pelt in a thick layer of crimson blood.

"Death is rising. Death shall destroy the prescence of the storm." A faint whisper cooed in the tom's ear, yet no one was around him for miles. He was all alone.

All Wolfstar could do was suffer as the blood reached his face, blinding him and forcing itself into his mouth and down his throat. He was drowning in his own blood, unable to awake until his lungs were seconds away from giving out...

Wolfstar woke with a jolt, sitting straight up in his nest on the hay-blocks within the barn. His heart yhundered against his chest as he struggled to quelm himself from his awful nightmare. A shuffling sound from beneath his nest made him start again, but he instantly relaxed at the sight of his medicine cat, Kindleflame.

"Ravenblood and Ripfang have arrived with a lone tom." The ginger tabby she-cat mewed to her leader, her green eyes indifferent. The skinny tom nodded curtly, pushing his nightmare to the back of his mind and rising to his paws groggily.

He stretched his limbs till they shook with effort, then leapt down to a lower hay-block, spotting his two warriors leading a strangely familiar tom into StormClan's barn. "Sol!" Wolfstar gasped, watching the patched tom approach his perch. Sol dipped his head and blinked his mezmerizing amber eyes.

"I knew I'd find you here. Once I heard the name 'Wolfstar', I knew all of my training with you had finally paid off." The broad tom rumbled in satisfaction, a purr rising in his throat. Wolfstar dropped down to the barn floor, unable to believe that his adopted father stood before him.

"W-Where have you been all this time?" The black and white tom stepped toward Sol hesitantly, his glacier-blue irises concealing his mixture of emotions.

"Traveling the territories farther from the lake. I've met many cats and learned many things." Sol replied casually, his expression turning smug. Wolfstar traced the patched cat's figure with his oculars, slowly narrowing his eyes. That look... I hate it!

In the blink of an eye, the black and white tom lashed out at his adopted father like lightning, his sharp claws raking deeply across Sol's ginger cheek. Wolfstar released a vicious snarl, his lips curling back to reveal his long yellow canines. "You... This is all your fault!" The skinny leader roared in outrage. "I can't believe you fooled me into murdering my brother! I can't believe I thought you cared about me! I can't believe you abandoned me after everything we've been through! You are a selfish fox-heart!"

"W-Wolfstar! What are you talking about! Look at you! I made you better than all of the clans!" Sol began to tremble with shock and dismay as crimson liquid trickled down his face, dripping silently down to the cold barn floor. The venomous leader ignored the multi-colored tom, his furiousity infecting the other StormClan cats. Ravenblood and Ripfang blocked the barn entrance so Sol could not flee.

"It's your fault my sister abandoned me! It's your fault I'm a cold-hearted monster! You've poisoned me!" Wolfstar bunched his muscles and lunged at Sol without a second thought, tackling the larger tom to the ground and easily pinning him. Sol was too much afraid to struggle, his amber eyes circles of horror. "You're too easy!" The black and white cat spat crossly, raising a set of claws for a death blow. But he was thrown to the side as Sol finally found the strength to move.

"You can't kill me! I saved your life!" He retorted, bracing himself for another attack from Wolfstar. Wolfstar's rage was blinding him as he dashed toward Sol, slipping to the side at the last second to rip his claws down Sol's flank. The loner yowled in agony, whipping around and landing a heavy blow on Wolfstar's shoulder. Wolfstar winced and gritted his teeth, ignoring the pain that shot down his leg.

"Saved my life!? You coward, I could've survived by myself with my siblings! We should've never agreed to follow you!" The skinny clan leader growled lowly, leaping at Sol again and clearing the tom conpletely. He spun around mid-air and landed behind the patched tom, biting down on his tail hard and shredding his haunches. Sol shrieked, kicking Wolfstar with his hind paws. Wolfstar slid across the barn floor, but was on his paws again in a heart-beat.

"But look at where you're at now, my son!" Sol croaked out, shaking blood droplets from his body. Wolfstar could see the tom weakening from blood loss, and he couldn't help but grin. The black and white tom caterpaulted into the air, coming down on Sol with all of his weight. He had Sol pinned once more against the cold cement floor, and he leaned toward the panting cat he thought had appreciated him.

"Alright then, daddy. I'll show you where I am now." Wolfstar sneered in disgust, evil laughter twinkling in his cold blue eyes. He plunged his fangs into Sol's jugular, biting harder and harder until he heard a crack and blood gushed into his mouth and onto his paws. He stepped back, spitting out the thick, warm liquid and gazing at Sol's limp corpse. Just look at the life fade from his eyes ever-so slowly... It's so exciting!

Wolfstar erupted into a wicked session of high-pitched laughter, that familiar crazy look clouding over his facial features. His clanmates cowered away from him in fear, as if they thought they'd be his next prey. But as soon as he started, he almost instantly fell silent and looked normal again. Though a shady glow haunted his glittering irises as he turned to face his deputy.

"Milkripple, send out a hunting patrol. The mice are disappearing the longer we stay here, so we're going to have to go out to hunt more. Look for rogues too." The leader's voice was almost inaudible. The cream tabby tom bowed his head without a word and rounded up a small patrol.

Kindleflame cautiously approached her clanmate with fretful amber eyes. "Wolfstar? Will you be alright? We'll bury Sol's body..." She mewed suggestively, her bushy tail trailing against the barn floor. She was careful not to step in the puddles of blood. Wolfstar glanced at her stiffly, his eyes troubled and distant.

"Kindleflame, I'm going to die." He whispered in a hoarse voice that didn't even seem to be his own. The orange tabby medicine cat blinked in confusion, tilting her petite cranium to the side.

"But we are protecting you, Wolfstar. You will only die of old age." She reassured her leader confidently, dipping her head to show her amount of respect toward the skinny tom. A growl lingering in his throat made her jump in place.

"I'm going to be murdered for my actions, Kindleflame! Cats are going to come for their revenge!" The black and white tom snapped, apprehension and paranoia captivating his entire body. He let a sob slip out briefly as he wailed to the she-cat. "I'm a monster, and I can't control it!"

--- Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while! I've had a busy but really fun weekend! I'm still working on the new cover so hopefully I'll have that done very soon! The ending in nearing! Please vote, read and share! If this book gets 150 reads before it's done, then I'll make another! If not then I'm gunna write a different book unrelated to this. Things are heating up now! Sol is dead and Brokengaze is going to create her very own clan just like her brother! Stick around for the next chapter! Love yaa!!(: <3