Chapter 15

"Brokengaze? Please wake up!" A worried mrrow inched it's way into her head as she finally came back to reality. Brokengaze didn't understand why she had fainted, but she was afraid of the fact that Wolfstorm was still nearby. She could've sworn she had heard her deceased brother whispering in her ear, but she couldn't recall what he had said.

The black long-furred warrior slowly opened her odd eyes to see Stonekit prodding her with a tiny forepaw. Him and his sisters were huddling close to Brokengaze as she lay on the camp floor.

She heaved herself up onto her paws and shook the sand from her thick fur. Bramblestar was staring at her with concern in his fiery oculars. "Are you alright, Brokengaze? I wanted you to come with us to the gathering tonight, but I'll have someone else go if you're not well." Her leader rumbled gently, but Brokengaze shook her head briskly.

"No, no. I'm fine, Bramblestar. I'd love to go to the gathering." She replied confidently, her unease washing away as a new excitement filled her mind about the up-coming gathering. It would be her fourth time going. Her leader stared at her for a moment then gave a small nod of his broad head.

"Great StarClan! It's you!" All head turned to Thunderheart as he stared wonderously at Brokengaze. The black she-cat tilted her head in confusion, blinking slowly before responding.

"Um. Yeah, I'm me." She fet uncomfortable as the rogue approached her and studied her ravenously.

"You were in my dream! StarClan told me to obey the scarred warrior with the eye of blood!" He bowed his head low in a gesture of pure respect. Brokengaze gaped dumbfoundedly, glancing around at the other stupified faces that burned into her flesh.

"Um. That's flattering, but I think you have the wrong cat." Brokengaze took a step back, but Thunderheart followed her with awe-struck blue eyes. His whiskers quivered vigorously as he drew in her scent as if it were an addictive herb.

"What other scarred warrior with an eye of blood is there in ThunderClan? I see that ginger patched she-cat has a scarred face worse than yours but there is no eye of blood." The rosetted rogue flicked his tail at Brightheart, who flattened her ears when he spoke of her face. Brokengaze could only sit there with wide eyes as Thunderheart dipped his head again. "My point proven, I will do anything for you. What was your name again?"

"Brokengaze." The she-cat answered hesitantly, not knowing whether to feel excited or just plain creeped out.

"Brokengaze... That's a beautiful name. So unique. Where ever you go I will go, Brokengaze. StarClan has great plans for you."

~~~~~~

The full moon was creeping higher and higher into the blood-dark sky as the group of ThunderClan cats left for the island for the gathering. The midnight dew clung to the grass, their legs becoming drenched by the time they approached the tree bridge that led over to the island. Brokengaze hated crossing that thing. One of these times I just might die. She though with a snort.

She could see the RiverClan patrol coming toward them briskly, a blue-gray she-cat shoving Bramblestar aside. "We'll go first!" Mistystar hissed contemptuously, her blue eyes blazing cold fire. Bramblestar flattened his ears irritably.

"What's gotten into her fur?" He mumbled mostly to himself, proceeding to let the RiverClan warriors cross over the tree bridge. Once the last fish-scented cat crossed, Bramblestar leapt up onto the fallen tree and made his way across cautiously.

Brokengaze watched as Graystripe followed, along with Jayfeather, Seedpaw, Sandstorm, Cherrydrop, Ferncloud, and the recently named Lilyflower and Sunblast. Her heart grew hollow at the memory of how hard it was for the two to become warriors without their brother, Frigidpaw. Privately, Bramblestar had told me that Frigidpaw would have been named Frigidmoon.