[jenbinwon] booth

[drabble.
entries here are not in chronological order.
;)]

"why the hell are you late?"

jung jaewon followed the man in sloppy fashion---yellow oversized hoodie on gray jogging pants, with the signature yellow sunnies and black peaceminusone face mask---as he entered the music booth with head down, aware of his 30-minute delay in arrival. as an apology, he maximized a five-minute wait before the takeout chicken cooks as a gift that he immediately placed on his table. jaewon received it with a pinch on kim hanbin's ear.

"raesung got out three minutes ago, said our CEO called for him and yedam."

"of course he had to leave. he should prioritize the boss first." he said, settling his bag beside him on the couch before throwing his ass down. jaewon rotates his chair to face him, and slaps him with his lyric notebook.

"what did we say about being on time?" he slaps the notebook again, this time on his thigh. he faces himself back on the computer screen, then on his notebook on the table. shortly, he felt arms around his chest, chin on his shoulder, hanbin side hugging him. "aigoo---"

"jung jaewongi~~~~ sowwy~~~" he squeezed him harder.

in return, jaewon just pushed his face away from him, untangling hanbin from him. hanbin just stands and pouts. then removes his face mask so the other sees the pout. a guilt trip, they say.

"바보 비아이, you're really pabo b.i." jaewon rolls his eyes and faced the computer, opening the FL Studio, his primary music making device. "just sit down and let's get prepared."

"is lee hayi on her way?" at last, he calms to sit on the couch. "i thought i was so late. i was a willing matchmaker, you know."

"why would you even match me with hayi? can you stop that? i heard you've done that with chaeyoung and junhoe. do you know how that can be traumatizing for a shy, composed girl to be matched with a noise maker?" he glances over hanbin. "do you even know how to matchmake? you don't just randomly pick a person and set him up with someone."

"you seriously have no interest in anyone in the company? hayi's the best one for you." he looks up, and saw the other's piercing looks. "you can record demo together, like this. you can make songs with and for each other. isn't that powerful? One ft. Lee Hi. Lee Hi ft. One. Lee Hi and One collaboration. Plus you're both good looking AND singers. And YG still hasn't given you a chance to release a solo album, maybe he'll be shaken when you send the demo together, considering the man and woman interaction b--" he was interrupted when a flying eraser hit his forehead. he had been explaining all too well, complete with hand gestures and on his private bubble, that he was not able to see it coming. he pouts and rubs the spot above his right eyebrow, slowly turning red. "it hurts!"

"you don't know how to shut up today, huh? why? is there anything that happened? did someone get rejected again?"

suddenly, his blood started to boil again. the reason he was quite late is because he saw jennie come down the other elevator of the building, all dressed up. her manager, who was way behind her when at the lobby, said she was meeting someone and refused to identify who it was. there were rumors already inside the company that someone was courting jennie, with teddy reporting to him about the songs she writes on their workshops are mostly about an appeal to a man, or about an unspoken feeling that cannot be voiced out yet.