[yunnie] fire

[short.]

it all comes down to this.

jennie and yunhyeong always had an unspoken competition as to who is the best cook between them. they had been cooking for their group for years already, and they serve food according to what they think they can AND should contribute. their members, however, are just similar to pacman: they eat what is served.

but tonight, as set randomly by bobby, a cook off will take place at the iKON upper dorm unit. each person are expected to serve their best dish to everyone. the winner will be hailed as the undisputed best cook, and will enslave the loser one for a month.

the competitors, eager to show their best, unanimously agreed and shopped for ingredients on their own.

when the two came back and finally prepared their ingredients on the opposite side of the kitchen counters with electric stoves on each, they instinctively glared at each other.

"get ready to lose, mr. song." jennie crossed her arms and rotated her head, trying to lose all tension on her body.

"oh, the competition's on, sweetheart." yun hastily rotated his shoulders and jumped multiple times, as if getting ready for a fistfight. the callsign made hanbin's forehead crease, while the other just stared at them from the kitchen's sliding doors, anticipating.

"are you guys ready?" bobby stood in between the two with his hoodie, looking like a coach getting ready to hype a heating competition. he smirked when the competitors raised their eyebrows to agree. "oh, this is going to be good. let's go!"

on cue, yunhyeong and jennie did their magic in the kitchen. their ingredients were prepared chronologically according to what they wanted to do neatly, and creatively. the judges, all eight of them except for hanbin, just huddled in the living room to watch the latest movie on demand they got to pick. hanbin sat on the stool adjacent to the kitchen counters to watch the two like a little kid.

after almost two hours, the dinner table has been set for all. plates were voluntarily arranged by kim hanbin, who was later on ordered around by the two cooks. everyone sat down, eager for the food to be presented to them.

with chin up high, yunhyeong brought his pot proudly from his counter to the table. once he opened the lid, everyone can smell the goodness of the dish already.

"this is risotto." junhoe's eyes became wide, which made the cook chuckle. "i used whole grain rice for a change, and beef broth since most of you obviously loves beef."

with nothing to say, everyone elegantly passed the pot to each other to get their big parts of risotto. when the pot came back to yunhyeong, he placed them to his and jennie's own plates. he looked back at everyone, and got curious why they were not even moving their food. "do you hate it?"

"nope." bobby looked at jennie, who was still at the back of the counter. "jendeukie, go ahead and serve your dish."

"i guess they don't like rice, song yunhyeong-ssi?" she smirked before carrying her tray to the table. "i've only been learning fancy cooking for a month, but i'm very confident with this one." everyone stared as the tray was placed in the middle of the table. "peppercorn crusted filet mignon with balsamic red wine sauce. there's enough for everyone. i can cook more for you if you ask me."

gasps were heard from the table while everyone gets their piece. yunhyeong looked at the dish with wide eyes. "woah, crazy."

"in competitions, you really have to go big, yunhyeong-ssi."

"at least i settled for something i am confident at. not make the kids my guinea pigs."

"oh, really? i think i can clearly see the winner in this cook off though? i mean, rice? as your dish? competing dish?"

"well, you'll never know how good it is until you taste it. i'm actually afraid to taste your dish though. will this be edible? considering you having experience in burning a sinple pancake?"

"i'm not sure, though, but your inkigayo sandwiches aren't good. you have a weakness too."

"but you see, fancy cooking for a month does n---"

"thank you for the meal!" the two cooks had stopped fighting upon hearing the others. everyone dug on the food on their plates, as if it was really for dinner and not for competition.

"hey! you won't be able to determine which dish is better! eat each one individually first!" jennie grunted. she sat on the free seat beside hanbin. yunhyeong followed and sat on her right.

they were answered with hums and expressions of hunger and satisfaction. they looked like pigs who have not eaten for a long time, and who still insisted in combining the rice and meat.

"hey, jendeukie. i have a bad feeling about this." yunhyeong whispered from her side.

jennie could only look at everyone who are eating aggressively. slowly she realizes what really is happening. it isn't a 'competition', isn't it?... she looks at hanbin, who just apologetically looked back at her and shrugged his shoulder while being the only one who is eating slowly.

yunhyeong's eyes went straight to bobby. feeling the piercing looks from someone, the latter looked up from his dive on his plate, and beamed widely at yunhyeong. "i'm sorry, guys."

"these bastards. you could've just asked for food!!!"

[obv nonship.
if you want a ship one shot,
you can comment!]