[dongsé] sunshine

[short.]

chaeyoung and donghyuk both stared at the small black-on-mint box and lightet placed on thr middle of the table. is fate in favor of them? the latter just got three bottles from the convenience store just now. their plan to rebel has been approved by the universe.

just earlier, the two heard bobby and jennie planning for a surprise club party for kim hanbin's birthday. they were allowed by yang hyun suk as long as they use seungri's club (which he will close down for the night), their managers are there, and sajangnim will be given an official visitors list. however, the older ones agreed that chaeng and dong are the group's little sunshine and they don't want to taint their innocence with the hustles of a party and getting wasted.

of course, the two took it personally.

"don't you want to prove that we can be badass, too?" chaeyoung pouted and crossed her arms after walking to the terrance with her now partner-in-crime.

"well, i sometimes think about that." he leaned at the beams to face the girl. "i thought it won't matter. but seeing how upset you are right now..."

she side eyed him. he then remembered the moments he was being treated as a baby by his members. i'm sure they mean well, especially because i might expose them some time. he sighed. "what are you planning?"

the original plan was just to drink and be wasted. and now, an unopened cigarette box seems to stare back at them, as if hearing the cheers of support from the universe. she became more daring.

"hurry, get some shot glasses."

amused, donghyuk just chuckled and obliged. she sat on the floor before pulling the green bottles out of the black plastic bag. she can see IU staring back at her from the label. she smiled. "hello, sunbaenim."

"i bought the lychee-flavored one knowing you haven't tasted soju before." now with a bowl and two glasses at hand, he sat adjacent to her on the floor. he shook the bottle until a small tornado formed inside. "are you sure you really want to try this? koo junhoe might kill me."

she watched how he opened the cap and finally poured some on her glass, then on his. she held hers, and observed the unfamiliar that she is about to try. "why would he?"

"come on. he's a drinking addict trying to slowly quit, and you're a girl friend. you know how the boys can be overprotective of you girls. he will hate it if you drink now."

"everyone hates the thought of me drinking!" she pouted. "i'm not a five-year-old!"

"figures." he giggled, and raised his glass. "to our little rebellion. we are not babies!"

"we are not babies!" she clicked her glass to his, and they both drank it. at first sip, she can already feel the flavor she did not want her mouth to taste for so long, so she chugged everything at once. to show her toughness in front of dongdong, she constrained her facial expression from thr poker face she made since earliet; however, her taste buds failed her. she let out a grunt she only heard in dramas.

"bitter." she jerked. she looked at him, who was showing the same disgust on his face. a giggle unconsciously came out from her mouth, even with the lasting aftertaste. "haven't you drank soju?"

"this reminds me why i only drink wine."

they both reached for the chips in attempt to replace the trails of the daring drink they just took. both can already feel the burning sensation down their throats. chae can already feel the failure of being wasted.

then there's only one thing left from her mental list. try the cigarette. "i'm trying this."

he smirked. "that's badass. open it!"

she slowly peeled off the plastic cover of the box. she opened the lid and saw the two rows of the mint-flavored cigarettes. she smelled them, ah, mint! refreshing! she pulled two and gave the other one to him. she placed it between her thumb and index finger to scan the stick, before swiftly placing it between her index and middle finger. cool! it feels cool! she saw him doing the same, but he's trying to light it already.

"are you sure we're lighting it here? they might smell it." chae softly asked.

"should we do it on the terrance, then?"

"people might see us."

"bathroom?"

"no ventilation."

"fine. just here." she stared back at her stick, amusingly staring how a piece can produce some kind of air people are very much subscribing to. she looked back at donghyuk, who already lighted his stick but has not placed it on his mouth. "what are you doing?"

"i lit it."

"aren't you suppose to, like, take the air from there already."

"i... i don't know how."

she grabbed his stick and tapped the burning part to the table to extinguish the fire. she leaned back on the sofa, pouting. "donghyuk, we are so pathetic."

cigarettes are disgusting! sojus are unpleasing! why are people even doing this? she wanted to gag. what was she thinking?

"i know." he scooched beside her and mimicked her. they were both staring at nothingness, that as if on cue, they were reflecting on what they did wrong. "let's not do these things ever again."

"right back at ya." chae showed her pinky finger. he intertwined his with hers for the pinky promise. they both breathe heavily, while they stared at the bottles and the cigarettes on the table. "now... we just have to dispose these. i don't want to disappoint the members when they see this."

"oh, you didn't disappoint me, my daughter." the two looked at the new voice that came from behind them, and saw jennie peeking from the wall, wiping the nonexistent side tears from her eyes.

their eyes became wide when they saw she wasn't alone: hanbin was leaning to jennie, with one arm against the wall and the other on his waist. bobby hugged hanbin's arm with a smile meant for the younger kids. jisoo was on bobby's side, smiling while arms are crossed over her chest. everyone resonated a parental aura.

hanbin walked in front of them and grabbed the cigarette box, and chae's unmoved stick. "you passed, kids. we're proud of you." he was about to put it on his pocket when jennie rushed to her and slapped it off his grip.

"you're not getting that! we're throwing it away." she grabbed the box and faced the two, who still stared at them, perplexed. she smiled. "sorry if you feel discriminated. we just want to protect you both. you don't have to rebel whatsoever."

chaeyoung and donghyuk just sighed. eventually, they smiled and nodded.

"so, pizza and chicken?" jisoo said from behind. "my treat. i'll order from the store."

"i'm going with you!" bobby followed jisoo to the door.

sure, rosé and dk can be tough and badass onstage. but park chaeyoung and kim donghyuk will always be the little sunshine of the group that they will always want to protect.

[obv nonship.
if you want a ship one shot,
comment below!]

[ship one shots coming soon!]