Chapter Thirty Three

Now that our problem with Tall Boy and Penny had been taken care of, we were focused more on how we could save the trailer park. Dad was helping mum and Jonathon with their new restaurant so we were fine, our trailer was all paid for, but I was still extremely worried about the other Serpents.

I on the other hand had started to spend more time with mum, Jonathon, and Elijah in an attempt to get to know my other family members. I spent most of the weekend with them.

At school on Monday, Jughead was storming around because Mr Lodge was going to meet FP on the trailer park to talk about things. I could understand his anger but I did think it was a little over the top. I rang FP to discuss it and he told me to let him handle the situation. So I trusted him to deal with it while Fangs and I went to the Quarry for a few hours.

'How are you doing with all this?' I asked Fangs.

'I'm fine, mom has been working over time the last few years so our place is all paid for. It's everyone else I'm worried about' he explained.

'Yeah, I feel the same way. I wish I had space for everyone to live at mine and solve all the problems'

'You care about us way more than we actually deserve' Fangs laughed.

'You're my family' I shrugged.

'How's that going by the way? Your new family being around?' he asked.

'Pretty good. I mean, mum and I don't really get along so well still but Jonathon is really nice and I love Elijah so much, he's adorable'

'You just love him because he's a baby'

'Well yeah, but Jonathon is really nice, he's making a real effort with me which I really appreciate'

'That's good, I'm glad you're happy Queen' he laughed a little.

'How about you Fangs? How are you doing? Do I need to beat anyone up for you?'

'I'm fine Crystal, you have enough to worry about so don't worry about anyone except yourself for a while'

'Alright, I'll try my best'

We were stopped from discussing anything else when my phone went off.

'What's up Jughead?' I asked.

'Are you coming over tonight?' he asked.

'Yeah, I should be there in a few hours. I can come over sooner though if you like?' I offered.

'Could you? Please?' he asked anxiously 'I just, I really need someone and I want you here'

'Alright kid, I'll be there soon okay? Sit tight'

'Everything okay?' Fangs asked once I'd hung up.

'Yeah, Jughead just wants to see me is all' I explained.

'Come on then, I'll give you a lift'

'Thanks'

Fangs gave me a lift on the back of his motorbike to Jugheads trailer and I let myself in. Jughead was sat on the sofa so I quickly went to sit next to him. He glanced up, saw it was me, and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back carefully.

'Are you okay Jughead?' I whispered.

'Yeah, I'm sorry. I just needed to not speak to someone and you were the first person who came to mind' he explained.

'Always glad to be of service kid. You don't wanna talk but can I ask how it went with Betty?' I asked with a small smile.

'It went really well, I think we're back together actually' he told me.

'That's cute, I'm glad you guys are okay'

'Thank you for being here Crystal'

'No probs kid, now, lets watch some creepy TV show or something while we wait for your dad to come back home and entertain me' I teased him.

'You're gross sometimes'

'Sure honey, whatever you say'

We were watching some gruesome show about murders when FP came home.

'Hey Crystal, I didn't expect you for a little while' he greeted me with a kiss.

'Yeah, I decided to come over early' I explained.

'Hey dad, I need to talk to yo about something' Jughead said 'In private'

'Can it wait Jug?' he replied.

'Not really'

'Hey, it's okay, I'll come back in a little bit' I excused myself from the trailer, 'Just ring me when you're done'

I left the trailer, completely lost on what to do since my night was supposed to be spent with FP. I decided to head to the Wyrm to see who was around for me to hang out with. Luckily, Kicks was there so we had a round of darts and when I lost, Kicks decided to teach me how to actually throw a dart properly. I got a text a few hours later from FP apologising and saying he couldn't hang with me that night which made me upset but I wasn't going to dwell on it. Whatever Jughead told him must've been a pretty big deal.

'So my night is free now which means I'm all yours now Kicks' I winked.

'Can he share with us?' Sweet Pea asked as he and Fangs joined us.

'Sure he can' I responded, 'As long as you all pay me plenty attention' I teased.

'I'm sure we can agree to that'