Chapter Twenty

We managed to leave the Wyrm and make it to FP's trailer with noone seeing us. The only person who knew was Toni because I text her to let dad know but made her swear not to tell anyone else.

FP grabbed my waist and pulled me close once the door to his trailer closed and kissed me hard and fast. We kicked off our shoes as we continued kissing and made our way to the bedroom. I pulled his top off as he unzipped my dress and they both made it onto the floor. We kicked the bedroom door closed and removed the rest of our clothes before falling onto the bed together. I fell asleep that night fully satisfied and content.

I walked into the kitchen the next morning wearing my underwear and FP's shirt. He was discussing his Penny problem with Jughead.

'Hey kid' I greeted him, stealing his bowl of cereal.

'Hey!' he protested 'Could you give me back my food? And maybe wear more clothes around my house?'

'Look Jughead, how I deal with Peabody is not your concern. I'm handling it' FP told Jughead as they returned to their previous conversation.

'By pimping the Serpents out as drug runners?' Jughead asked.

'Boy!' FP half warned, going to open the door to let Tall Boy in 'Toss them in the corner' he said in regards to the bags Tall Boy was carrying.

'Hey, what's in the bags Tall Boy?' Jughead asked.

'Hey, what did he just say kid?' I backed FP up.

'Enough, mind your damn business. Get to school' FP ordered.

Jughead sulked out of the trailer and I turned to FP curiously.

'That wasn't aimed at me too was it?' I asked curiously.

'Nah, don't worry Crystal, you can stay' he reasured me.

'Kay, by the way, what is in the bags?' I asked curiously.

Tall Boy chuckled before leaving the trailer.

'They're just bags Crystal' FP told me.

'Full of?'

'Full of things that fit in a bag'

I decided to leave him to his mystery. I gathered my things, kissed him and headed home to change, it was a half day at the school so I met the younger Serpents at the Whyte Wyrm where we were doing our bit for the Southside community by doing Toys for Tots and Meals on Wheels. Basically just helping the less fortunate and people living alone.

Jughead came in to see what we were doing so Toni filled him in.

'Have you seen my dad?' he asked her and Fangs but FP appeared before either of them could answer.

'Why aren't you in school?'

'Uh, it's a half - day before break' Jughead explained as FP and Tall Boy walked over to where we were all working.

'Well, in that case, you can hold down the fort here, Jug'

'Or I could come with you guys' Jughead suggested.

'Nice try. The answers no'

'We do need another set of hands' Tall Boy admitted.

Jughead carried on trying to persuade FP to let him join in but FP continued to refuse.

'Sweet Pea, Crystal, you're both with us' FP demanded so we put down the presents we were wrapping and joined FP and Tall Boy.

The four of us loaded some bags and boxes into the truck and then climbed in ourselves. I lent forward from where I was sat in the back and turned on the CD player. ABBA music came through the speakers and they all groaned.

'What?' I asked defensively.

'I thought we talked about the music Crystal' FP reminded me.

'We did, you said I wasn't allowed to put it on your phone, use it as an alarm, or play it in your trailer. Sweet Pea said he'd smash my phone if I played it on there. Tall Boy said no to it at the Wyrm, and Jughead said I couldn't dance to it in my underwear. None of you said I couldn't play it in the truck so suck it' I announced proudly.

'Already regretting this' FP muttered.

The three of them sulked the entire journey as I full on performed along with the ABBA songs until we arrived at our destination.

'Okay, before we go in, a couple of ground rules' FP announced, 'Sweet Pea and Crystal, I want you to stay quiet unless absolutely necessary. We go in and get out ASAP'

The four of us grabbed the bags and boxes and headed into the warehouse, the three guys positioned themselves so that I was half hidden which I thought was cute. We handed over our supplies quickly and tried to avoid a conversation with any of them so we could leave as quickly as possible.

'New rule, no ABBA music in the truck' Sweet Pea decided before we set off home.

'Noooo, come on kid! I need some happiness in my life' I protested.

'You mean besides the Serpents, your dad, your friends, and FP?' he asked.

'Yes. Music is my only happiness'

'Fine, just no ABBA' Tall Boy compromised.

'Really?' I asked happily.

'Nope, we'll put the radio on. Drivers rules' FP decided.

It was then my turn to sulk as we went back to the Southside as the radio played no fun songs for me to sing and dance along to.

Sweet Pea and I were dropped off at the Wyrm so we could help hand out the presents with Fangs, Kicks, and Toni to the kids that had turned up.

'Watch Crystal around these kids, she might try to steal one' Fangs joked.

'Shove it Fangs or I'll make sure you can never have kids' I threatened.

'Wait, I didn't know you wanted kids Crystal' Toni commented.

'Oh geez, she's broody as hell Topaz!' Sweet Pea corrected 'She's wanted kids since she was 14 and made me promise to be her baby daddy if she doesn't have any by the time she's 25'

'We'd have beautiful kids together Sweet Pea' I laughed.

'So does FP know how much you want kids?' Toni asked me.

'Nah, it's a weird topic to bring up you know? Like he's already been there and done the whole baby thing. His eldest is a year younger than me. He probably doesn't want more kids,' I replied.

'Not to mention how weird Jughead would probably feel about it' Fangs added.

'That is true' I agreed ' But it's fine, it's not something I'm currently thinking about'

'Your kids would be true Serpent royalty though!' Toni gushed 'It would be super cute'

'Chill Topaz, it may never happen yet' I told her.