Chapter Seven

Our school was becoming more and more infatuated with Jingle Jangle. As far as I was aware, the Serpents still weren't dealing but I was worried it wouldn't last very long. I needed FP back desperately, he would be able to handle this a lot better than I was. I heard from Jughead that he had met with FP's lawyer who was terrible! He wanted FP to take some deal or whatever. I hoped he didn't, I needed him to come home, I can't run the Serpents by myself and Tall Boy was a shit second. I didn't trust him one bit.

Toni and Sweet Pea were by my side nearly all day and night recently which was sweet of them and I appreciated their support. We were together in my trailer when Jughead rang me to tell me some news.

'They're revisiting FP's sentencing' I announced after hanging up.

'Really? Why? What's happened?' Sweet Pea asked.

'Apparently the victim's family have forgiven him and some sort of extenuating circumstance has been brought up' I explained.

'That's good news, he may be out soon!' Toni laughed.

'He also requested a few of us Serpents go to Pop's diner. Apparently it's nearly closing down but it means something to the kid. You guys should stay here though, I'm thinking I should take Tall Boy and a couple more explosive guys' I mused.

'We'll go let them know' Sweet Pea promised, 'We'll send them to your trailer'

'Tell them to wear their jackets!' I reminded them as they left.

Half an hour later and I was walking through the doors to the diner with Tall Boy and two others. I saw Jughead behind the counter with his blonde and boring girlfriend before we went to sit down.

'Remember boys, no trouble tonight' I warned under my breath as we slid into a booth.

We ordered food and drinks as we discussed safe and pointless topics and watched the Northsiders eye us fearfully.

'Now I can see why Jughead is so different to FP' I muttered.

'I know what you mean, these guys are more vanilla than my milkshake' Beanie joked

We all laughed as Pop Tate began to thank everyone who helped to save his diner. It was sweet until the Lodge family were thanked for their generous contribution. It made me suspicious as they didn't seem like the generous type. We left shortly after, not wanting to overstay our welcome but I was glad we went, I had been able to gather some promising intel on the Northsiders.

'Heard that some Jingle Jangle sales were made outside Pop's tonight. Some kids were buying and selling it' Shocker told me, 'It's getting harder to stay away from the stuff'

'No!' I disagreed 'We will not get involved, it's one of my few rules Shocker'

'It won't last long' he persisted.

'It will as long as I'm in charge'