Clues |Nathan Bastian|

Requested by hockeylosers 

I also added a picture of him because why not?

----------------------------------------------

You sat at your kitchen table, your heart pounding and your fingers tapping rapidly against the dark wood. Nathan would be home from practice any minute and you were hoping he would like the surprise you were about to give him. It took all day to plan out the best way to surprise Nathan and you were pretty proud of the result of your hard work. The first clue was in your hand, ready to pass over as soon as Nathan was settled in the house. 

The headlight's from Nathan's car shone through the window and your fingers subconsciously moved to twist your wedding band. It had only been about two months since you and Nathan said your vows in front of each of your families. That was likely the biggest reason you were so worried about his reaction to your news. You were still newlyweds, figuring out your roles as husband and wife. 

You could see him walk into the front room and hang his coat in the closet. When his head popped up, his eyes met yours and a large grin settled on his face. You could feel yourself return the smile, a natural instinct whenever he smiled at you. In a matter of seconds, his arms were wrapped around your shoulders and he was leaning his head beside yours to place a gentle peck on your cheek. Leaning against him, you eagerly accepted his warmth and affection. 

"How was practice today babe?" You questioned as he took a seat in the chair next to yours. 

"It was alright. Coach worked us pretty hard but I was fine with it. How was your day?" 

"It was pretty good. I had a doctor's appointment right after you left this morning but everything's good. I also have a little surprise for you that I'm hoping you'll love." You pushed the small white envelope towards him, the large number one in black ink prominent. 

When you met Nathan's eyes, his confusion was evident in his eyes. Nudging him to open the envelope, he let out a quick sigh but did as you asked. 

The little card inside read:

When you're feeling less than fresh 

there's just one place to goTo wash and get all squeaky clean and scrub between each toe

You could see the lightbulb turn on as realization flashed through his eyes.  He turned to you and you just shrugged before he could ask something.

"Sam, is it the shower in our room or one of the guest bathrooms?"

"It's ours." You clarified for him as he set off towards your bedroom. 

You hadn't hidden the clues very sneakily so the next one was easy for him to find. When you walked into the bathroom, Nathan was pulling the card out of the shower. He ripped it open eagerly, finally getting into the little scavenger hunt.

The second card read:

It seems our clothes just keep returning

to this same machine.At least they're better than the things the ancients used to clean.

Without speaking a word to you, Nathan headed down the stairs and into your laundry room. Sitting casually on top of the washer was the third little white envelope. 

The little card inside had a little picture this time, a little desk with a computer on top. Beside the little picture, the card read:

Communicate with family,