Unhealthy |Auston Matthews|

"We need to have a serious talk, (Y/N)"

You were sitting on the couch in your's and Auston's shared apartment, Auston pacing in front of you. His whole body was tense and you could tell that your next conversation would be anything but pleasant. You tucked your feet under you and stared up at Auston confused. 

"I can't do this anymore."

"What are you talking about, Auston?"

"We never see each other and when we do, all we do is fight. This isn't a healthy relationship and you know it too." His voice gets softer, almost as if he's given up.

"We can work through this, Aus. We only fight because we don;t communicate. We can work on it. I'll spend more time at home and I come with you on road trips. We can figure this out." You plead with him to listen to you.

"No (Y/N), we can't. We're not right for each other. I love you but I can't do this with you. It's getting us nowhere."

"I love you Auston. Please don't leave. We can make this work." You keep repeating yourself, hoping he'll change his mind.

Instead of responding, he heads towards your bedroom. You chase him in there desperate to make him listen to you. You had felt the divide too but you loved him. That was enough to stay together, it had to be.

When you enter the room, you see him packing clothes into a suitcase. Your heart shatters. He's really leaving. 

"Where will you stay?" You ask him in a resigned voice.

"With Mitchy."

"You can have the apartment. We chose it because of how close it was to the arena."

"Where'll you go?" He asks, no tone left in his voice.

"I can stay with one of the girls from work until I find a place. If you want to leave tonight, that's fine. If you want me to leave tonight, I'll pack."

"I'll go stay with Mitchy for the night and I'll come back tomorrow."

"I'll be packed and gone by supper."

"This is not how I wanted our relationship to go, (Y/N). I really wish things were different."

"Me too, Aus. Me too."

Auston leaves shortly after and you curl up in the bed you won't share again, finally letting yourself cry. You didn't expect this.

He was right. About everything. The only thing your relationship was is unhealthy. 

-------------------------

Sorry this is so short. I got the idea and while I was writing, it just didn't make sense to make it thousands of words. The relationship is so destroyed that there isn't much to say. Also I've been on this weird Matthews kick lately and keep thinking of ideas of Matthews imagines.