Little Black Dress |William Nylander|

"You have a dress exactly like that hanging up in our closet and I don't think I've seen you wear it once." Will remarked, sitting on the same stool he had found a place on 20 minutes earlier.

You looked in the dressing room mirror and grinned. You had picked the dress off a rack to try on, thinking it might look slightly awkward on your body but hoping it was flattering enough to justify buying. The long sleeved little black dress was cut in an extremely low v at the top, the bottom clinging perfectly and ending around the middle of your thighs. Suddenly, you felt confident. 

Will was wrong about the dress in your closet. The only similarities were the colour and length but you didn't know how to explain that to him. The minute you began talking about clothes, his eyes glazed over and he became silent.

"Babe, they're completely different. I need this dress so I have something to wear to the team thing tonight." 

"We're just going to a bar for a couple drinks. You would look amazing in  anything."

"This dress is worth the money though. I love it. Besides, every girl needs a couple little black dresses. That way you don't get bored of the same dress over and over." You told him while staring in the mirror, still shocked about how confident you feel in the dress.

"You look breathtaking baby but you look gorgeous in all your clothes." 

You spun to face him and he gave you that cheesy Nylander smile. Flipping your hair out of your face, you strutted over to him and placed your lips on his.

Mumbling against his lips, you whispered, "I'm getting the dress."

Before he could respond, you were back in your dressing room and changing back into your original outfit. Surprisingly, Will wasn't waiting for you when you stepped out finally ready. 

Sighing, you went on a hunt for your boyfriend with no idea where to start looking. There weren't many people in the store but no one looked familiar as you glanced around the part of the store you could see. You did spot a pair of pants that caught your eye and you made your way to them. 

It only took you 15 minutes to pick out four more items of clothing that you felt like you needed. The clothes distracted you from your original mission to find Will. You only remembered your original plan when he popped up behind you with a store shopping bag in his hand. You gave him a curious look but he moved the bag out of your reach and directed you quickly to the checkout. 

As the lady behind the counter scanned the clothes you had picked up, she mentioned the dress being a sale item. It was a sign that you definitely needed the dress and when you glanced over at Will, the look on his face told you that he had the same thoughts go through his head. You were told the total and reached into your wallet to pull out your card. It took you a second to find and when you lifted it up to show the woman, your receipt was printing and a sheepish look covered Will's face. All you could do was shake your head at him, not wanting to scold your boyfriend in front of the entire line waiting behind you. 

As you left the store, you stopped dead in your tracks and glared at the oblivious blonde until he realized you were no longer beside him. He spun around to see you standing still, an unimpressed look on your face. He sighed and motioned you towards him. 

"I hope you know I'm paying you back. I'll e-transfer it or pull out cash and sneak it into your wallet when you're not looking."

"No you're not. I'll sneak it back when you aren't looking or I'll spend it on you next time we go out." He grinned, feeling victorious.

"Why do you do that? I can pay for my own stuff."

"I know baby but I like spoiling my girl. You're special and deserve to be treated like a princess."

Rolling your eyes at your sappy boyfriend, you leaned up to kiss him gently.

"Okay let's go home and get ready. We have to meet everyone in an hour and a half."

--

After you got home, it didn't take long for you both to get ready. You took a quick shower and only did light makeup. Your longest task was curling your hair. Your hair reached your lower back and took close to an hour to curl on a good day. Will was showered and ready by the time you were halfway done with your hair and was trying to usher you out the door so you wouldn't be late. Sighing, you sped through the last portion of your hair and slipped into the dress you had just bought. 

When you made your way out to Will who was waiting by your guys' front door, his jaw dropped. His eyes trailed up and down your body and a look of disbelief covered his face. When you were finally standing right in front of him, he pulled you in close and peppered kisses all over your face.

"Willy! What are you doing?" You got out, giggling at your boyfriends antics.

"You're gorgeous baby. I love you so much, (Y/N)."

"I love you too Willy. I'm sure you appreciate the dress now."

"Maybe you were right. Maybe every girl does need a little black dress, even though no one could look as breathtaking as you do." 

That made you let out an obnoxious laugh. "Let's go Willy, we're definitely going to be late."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking about putting a word count at the top of all my imagines but I'm not sure. Does that sound like a good idea or is that even something people care about?