(Edited) Part Twenty Two -Dakotas pov

The past two months have been so hard. So so very hard. First I gave birth which was such a beautiful thing but it hurt like hell. Then I was told one of my little babies wasn't going to make it.
I had locked myself in the hospital next to my little boys crib for well over a month. And boy was I paying for it now. During my time in isolation I had missed out on spending precious time with my other four pups, who were now growing extremely quickly may I just add. Ryan, Isabelle, Tommy and Ryder were almost three months old and they were huge. They were growing a hell of a lot quicker than Oscar and i was told that they would be starting to shift soon. My mates had told me that once they hit around three, four months their bodies will become unstable and will begin to shift between wolf and human and will eventually settle in their human forms, their wolves going to sleep until they were 13 where they will shift again for the first time and become a true werewolf. A lot to take in right? But what upset me the most was that this may not be the case for my baby boy. Ethan told me that he will be slower than the others and everything will just take a lot longer for him than the others. But I didn't mind too much as long as my baby stayed healthy I didn't care.
'Dakota?' I heard Joey calling me. I looked up and saw him standing, panting slightly, in the doorway to my room.
I smiled at him. He looked so much different since he became pregnant. He had lost most of the muscle on his body so it was lean and slim and he had a different glow to him. I patted the bed next to me, telling him to come sit. He smiled thankfully and huffed as he sat himself down.
'I dunno how you managed to carry those rascals. I'm almost twice your size height wise and I'm knackered.' He laughed.
Joeys belly had developed quickly. I went with him to his first scan, with Rocco of course, and we found out he was carrying three pups. You could see clearly which one was going to be the next Alpha. The little thing was huge compared to his siblings.
A little whimper brought me out from my thoughts. 'Whats the matter munchkins?' I cooed, looking down at my pups who were all cuddled together in my king sized bed. Ryan opened a eye and peeped up at me. His lips turned into a wolfish grin and he barked playfully as he got up, stretching his long limbs. I watched as he patted his partner in crime, Ryder wanting him to get up, Which he did and soon they were climbing all over Joey. The pair were so loud that they woke the others up and soon they were all at it.
'Whats going on in here then?' Tyler chuckled as he and ky walked through the door followed by Rocco. 'Having fun are we?' He said raising his eyebrow.
I grinned over at the three of them making them all chuckle. 'Thats what we like to see.' Rocco ruffled my hair as he sat next to his mate, mine sitting on the floor.
'Ow.' I looked over to Joey who had his finger in his mouth, scowling at one of my little terrors.
I picked Ryder up and looked at him sternly, 'did you bite uncle Joey?' I asked him. He barked and squirmed to get out of my hold. 'Thats naughty what have I told you about biting?' I said sternly. The little terror whimpered and gave my his best puppy dog eyes, which obviously melted my heart and i couldnt find it in myself to be mad at him anymore.
'Dont do it again.' i said placing him on the floor so he could run off and play with his other siblings.
Laughter brought my attention from my pups and to my brother who was currently struggling to breath from laughing too much. 'hes got you wrapped round his little paw Dee.' Joey howled.
I scowled at him, 'but hes just too cute with those big brown eyes its hard to tell him off when he does it.' I grumbled feeling my cheeks warm up. This just made them laugh even more. 'Shut up.' I pouted.
I felt a little nose nudging my elbow and a smile grew as i saw it was my little Ozzy. He was slowly becoming more mobile and the little things like nudging me made me so very proud.
'Come here little one.' I cooed and he yipped happily as he settled himself in my arms, his little face nuzzling under my chin. He whimpered a little and i knew why. 'Are my little babies hungry?' I cooed and they all yipped at my words making me chuckle.
'Ill be back in a minute.' I smiled and made my way out of my room, Oscar still snuggled into my chest.
'Ew what the hell is that thing?' Someone growled as i entered the kitchen. My head snapped up and i whimpered, holding Ozzy closer.
'And to think my Ty bear and my ky-ky are mated to this thing. Pathetic.' The bitch, i cant remember her name but it didnt really matter right now, spat in my direction. 'If you were a decent mate youd take yourself and that pathetic excuse for a wolf away from here and stop holding them back. Theyre going to be betas one day and that wont happen if they have a pathetic, weak mate like you.'
I whimpered and flinched as she strutted past, bumping my shoulder really hard, knocking me over. I lost my balance as i stumbled around. Clutching Oscar tight i let myself fall, knowing i couldnt stop myself so id rather protect my baby first. As i fell my head collided with the corner of the counter, knocking me sick.
'Dee?' I flinched and looked up dazed and confused. 'What you doing down there? Is... is that blood!?' Marco hurried to my side and took my head gently in his hands, examining me.
'What happened?' He asked but i couldnt answer. The tears fell thick and fast, my heart wrenching in pain. I struggled to breathe. My chest heaved in panic as i clutched Ozzy closer to me to try and calm his whimpering.
'Dee. Dee calm down.' Marco soothed but it didnt work. I couldnt calm down which made it worse. 'Come on lets get you to your mates.' He picked me up gently and i buried my face in his chest, not wanting to see the glares of other pack members.
I hate it. I hate myself. Why was i so weak. So pathetic. I shouldve just died years ago like my father said to do. Like i tried to do before my brothers stopped me.
'Marco what happened?' Ty ran straight up to me as we entered the bedroom.
'I dont know. I found him sitting on the floor in the kitchen a little dazed. Hes cut his head somehow but when i tried asking him he just cried.' Marco sighed as he handed me to Tyler.
'Let me hold Ozzy baby.' Ky whispered. He gently took Oscar from me and my hands instinctively fisted Tys shirt.
'Now what happened baby?' Ty asked gently as he sat me on his lap, rubbing my back soothingly.
I couldnt tell them. I didnt want to. I was so pathtic. Look at me! I cant do a damn thing right!Pathetic! So I did what i always do and just shook my head and cuddled deeper into my mates chest, ignoring everything. Shutting myself off. My eyes grew heavy and i didnt even bother fighting them so let them close.