(Edited) Part Twenty One Dakotas pov

'What?' I gasped. I didn't know what to do or what to say. I could only sit there like an idiot, frozen.
'Dee?' Joey waved his hand in front of my face trying to get my attention. I turned my head slowly, mouth still wide in shock. 'W-when?' I managed to stutter out. Don't get me wrong I was so happy for my big brother but it was one hell of a shock. Joey just didn't look like the typical submissive type. He was tall and wasn't a scrawny little thing like most subs. Joey had a small amount of muscle on his bones.
'We found out the day Oscar was admitted and you collapsed.' Joey said. 'We agreed not to tell you until you and Oscar was better.'
'Y-you were going to hide it from m-me?' I whimpered. That one hurt. Was I that bad that I made everyone tip toe around me? What else weren't people telling me?
'Dee, I didn't want to but you weren't well. I wanted you to concentrate on getting better.' Joey sighed.
'A-am I that b-bad?' I whispered more to myself than anything, but I knew everyone heard.
'Oh pup, come here.' Joey sighed as he pulled me in tight to his chest, the tears falling freely from my eyes. 'Your not that bad anymore. Your getting better and so is Oscar.'
I was about to reply when a strangled cough had my heart racing in panic. I whipped my head round to my baby and saw him coughing and spluttering. His little body wriggling round the bed, tangling himself in the wires.
'E-Ethan!' I called as I reached into the crib to calm my baby.
'Dakota what's wrong?' He asked wide eyed as he ran to my side. 'Shit.' He mumbled as he gently nudged me aside. 'Hold on little guy.' He cooed softly as he busied himself with something.
I whimpered and almost collapsed if it wasn't for my mates wrapping their arms around me.
'There we are.' Ethan sighed.
'I-is he o-okay?' I managed to choke out.
Ethan turned round and looked down at me with a gentle smile on his face. 'See for yourself.'
I rushed to my baby's crib and peeked in. A sob escaped and tears ran down my cheeks once more.
'O-Oscar.' I smiled down at my little pup who was staring wide eyed up at me.